Beiträge von pug_ster

Can't count how many times my microsd card flubbed out and I have to re-install because of the microsd card issue. I would like to get OMV to boot off from the hard drive so and sae Technodad's youtube video about OMVsharedrootfs plugin which allows you to do that.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

However, My hard drive is 5tb and the Raspberry Pi imager would only make hard drive to use MBR that means that I can only use 2gb of that partition. However, I saw on a forum in raspberry's website where you can download a usb-boot utility into the microsd card which copies the contents of the microsd card into the hard drive and boot off from the gpt drive.

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=196778

So here's the steps that I did.

1) Updated the bios to boot from microsd card and if not present, boot from hard drive.

2) Used Raspberry Pi imager to get install rasp os lite 64 bit into a micro sd card (if I install this in usb hard drive it will be an mbr partition.)

3) Boot the microsd card into raspberry pi 4.

4) copy the usb-boot utility into microsd card using winscp. chmod 755 the files and put them in the /bin directory.

5) With the 5tb hard drive plugged in formatted into a gpt format, I ran the usb-boot utility which allows me to copy the contents of the microsd card to the hard drive while making it a gpt partition.

6) After rebooting, the partition sdb2 took up the whole space.

7) Ran sudo apt upgrade and installed OMV6.

8) the installation went fine and after omv reboot, stuck here and then reboot.

Not sure what's going on, couldn't figure out how to fix the problem?

Why did you skip networking? The install script works well on the RPi. Some routers don't handle the dhcp change though.

I put an dhcp reservation in my router and it works for me. I'm using an Asus rt-68u flashed with a merlin firmware.

I've upgraded to a synology running dockers recently (sorry guys). My Raspberry pi was running the OMV5 with the buster version and installed new 64bit bullseye version and omv6. Reconfigured the dockers running the 64 bit version and pointing to the same /config files in the location of the hard drive and it little config is needed. Here's my checklist of how I did it.

1. Download 64 bit raspbian lite OS from the website.
    2. Use Raspberry Pi Image and install Os by going to “Use Custom” and use image from step #1.
    3. After image is done, pull out sd card, and put in sd card, put in a blank “ssh” file in the boot partition.
    4. Put sd card into raspberrypi and bootup. Wait for 5 minutes until you can log in as pi, password raspberry. Change password by putting in command “passwd”
    5. Change Localization features by running “sudo raspi-config”
    6. Run the commands “sudo apt update”, “sudo apt upgrade”, “sudo rpi-update” and reboot by running “sudo shutdown” Unplug power. plug in Usb hard drive and plug in power.
    7. Install OMV by putting the 3 commands

wget https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install

chmod +x install

sudo ./install -n

1. Log into OMV by going to http://<ip of raspberry pi> log in as admin and password openmediavault
    2. Change admin’s password by click on the “cog” on the upper hand corner and go to “change password”
    3. Change the local time zone by going to System -> Date and Time.
    4. Change auto logout time by going to System -> Workbench Change from 5 minutes to about an hour to prevent yourself from auto logoff.
    5. Go to Network -> Interfaces. Add Network for eth0 for raspberry pi.
    6. Add the external hard drive. Go to Storage File Systems, Mount the hard drive as /dev/sda1 Format the hard drive to ext4 partition if needed.
    7. Install docker and portainer by going to System => OMV Extras - Docker and Portainer and install them.
    8. Install symlinks is recommended. Go to System -> Plugins under openmediavault-symlinks 6.0. After installed, it should appear in Services -> Symlinks. Your hard drive location is under /srv/dev-desk-by-uuid-xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx something like that. Create a simlink from the one above to something simple like /mnt/sda1
    9. Add the Dockers back using cli and point back to the old locations of the /config files
    10. Create Shares/ folder shares and user accounts if needed.

Did you look in the Diagnostics -> Performance Statistics section?

Otherwise, sudo apt-get install cockpit will install cockpit

Thanks, I ran the sudo command and it installed cockpit. But it doesn't display the cpu and memory utilization of dockers.

Hi,

When I had OMV5 installed I recalled that you can install cockpit so I can look at the the cpu and memory utilization for dockers. After the upgrade to OMV6, I could not find it. Anybody know how to install or any kind of way to see how to find out cpu and memory utilization in a gui interface?

I've started to see the limitations of support for 32 bit arm dockers for a raspberry pi, plus it is mostly a PITA of sd cards of corrupting all the time. So I recently moved all my data to my synology and now I can play around if I can run 64 bit arm containers in this thing.

So I installed the 64 bit lite version of bullseye booting off from a 5tb usb hard drive. I configured /dev/sda2 from 1.5gb to around 100gb. Installed OMV 6 and everything looks okay except for the file systems. Under the Strorage -> Disks , it list /dev/sda 5tb hard drive but when I go to Storage -> File Systems, it is blank. Is there a reason why this is happening?

I have the same problem with radarr too on my raspberry pi. I tried running that radarr version 1504 but I couldn't find it. Itried to backtrack to the libseccomp2 core and it doesn't work either. I tried putting an older version of radarr up to about 15 days ago and it doesn't work either. Anybody konw how to fix this?

I get slow transfer speed if I have too many torrents running or any software that you are using the hard drive, IE I use emby. I never used deluge, but I use haugene/transmission-openvpn:latest-armhf docker which is good for openvpn and transmission.

FYI, I am using the raspberry pi 4 4gb, with a 5tb seagate hard drive.

This happened to my Raspberry pi running OMV where my sd card got corrupted or something. At first I can't go to the OMV console and I have to constantly reboot my raspberry pi 4 to get it up and running. Fortunately, when I set up my raspberry pi, I used dd to backup my sd card and then used pi shrink. I was lucky enough to get a shrunk img file from a backup and copied it to my computer.

I originally installed an 16gb sd card from Microcenter shrink to about 3.7gb img file. Then I figured that I used a "reliable" 8gb samsung sd card to dump the image and then used the raspi-config tool to expand it. It is a good thing when I moved all the dockers into the hard drive instead of the sd card otherwise it will be more of a pain

Hi,

I am running raspberry pi 4 using Openmediavault to backup my sd card and shrink the file via pishrink. So every Tuesday at 4am, I run the scheduled tasks command under root:

sudo dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/sharedfolders/Appdata/sdbackup/backup.img bs=1M

This job runs without issues.

At Tuesday 5am, I ran a job to shrink this file

sudo pishrink.sh /sharedfolders/Appdata/sdbackup/backup.img

and it would not run.

When I ran the pishrink command manually in the scheduled tasks panel, it would run fine. Is there a reason why this is happening? Thanks.