Beiträge von vinayakgoyal

You could also try to use ext4 instead.

I wanted to create with ext4 when I was creating the filesystem but due to some glitch in OMV5 that wasn't working. Found on GIT that many users were facing the same problem so instead just went with BTRFS after researching on web.

Hence ext4 isn't an option.

Files in OMV5 Shares getting corrupted very often even after properly saving them before exiting. Next time someone opens it, it is corrupted. Mainly using Excel & PDF Files.

Also, to tackle this issue I wanted to make a Restore Previous Version function in windows working, but not able to do that as well with rsnapshot right now(I have little know-how of rsnapshot working, maybe thats why).

But files are constantly getting corrupted. OMV5 is having shares which are Mapped as Network Drives on 5 PCs. No 2 PCs access the same files at the same time which were corrupted.
    People work on an excel file. They save it and go home. Next day they come in and all their work is gone with excel not able to even repair those files.

I've installed OMV5 on an OrangePi Win Plus with 2 Flash Drives 128 GBs each. 1 MicroSD Card 32GB as OS Drive. File System for both FlashDrives is BTRFS. Followed everything based on the SBC Installation Guide on SourceForge, i.e. checked Memory Card before writing OS to it, burned it with etcher and not Rufus for data integrity checks.

Please help, I switched to OMV5 from Google Drive and Dropbox to increase the reliability and control of the data but it is working the other way round with files getting corrupted every now and then.