Posts by omv4711

Yes, my first try was to use gparted on the laptop but there was something wired ... gparted was not able to delete all partitions on the usb ssd.

So in my dispariation I searched and found this dd command.

Ok, now after all I used gparted to create a new partition table and created one ext4 partition. But the same error comes up after selecting the installation device.

:/

Hello,

I want to reinstall my HP Proliant Microserver N54L. It worked the last 7 years perfectly with omv 3.

The new thing is that I want to install omv5 from USB-Stick to an USB SSD arddrive "TREKSTOR I.GEAR USB SSD (Q0802B0)".

I downloaded the image as described here:

I prepared the usb-stick as as described here:

I took out all harddrives and pluged off all extern devices.

Then I plugged in the usb-stick (with the installation image) and the clean usb ssd "TREKSTOR I.GEAR USB SSD (Q0802B0)".

I cleaned it before by doing the following on my ubuntu 18.04.5 laptop:

Code
    sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=1M count=10

Now I switched on the microserver and the installation started.

When it comes to the section where i could choose my destination drive i have chosen the usb ssd "TREKSTOR I.GEAR USB SSD (Q0802B0)".

Then the following error message with a red background comes up:

[ [!!] Partition disks ]

Failed to partition the selected disk

This probably happened because there are too many (primary) partitions in the partition table.

<Go Back> <Continue>

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards

sh

Hey Werner,

last week I started to test TeamViewer Host 15.11.6 too. I used two xubuntu clients. I had similar trouble. So in the online management console the host was marked as online but it was not reachable. It seems to me that if I log off at the TeamViewer Host System it is not reachable. If I kept logged in to the TeamViewer Host System it was reachable.

• So try to keep logged in to the host system and then connect to it.
    • Check if both systems have the same TeamViewer Version (in your case 15.11.6), This seems to be important too.

For me it is still not stable enough to use. Some times the connection refused and it is not reachable again. After waiting several days I tried it again and it is reachable again. This is to much magic for me.

In some other forum some one with more experience in using TeamViewer was complaining that the software is getting worse since maybe the last year.

So I will try anydesk or i wil try to build up a vpn.

Cheers

OMV4711

Hey guys and girls,

I have some hardcore problem on opening some files from my System W on my Server (I do not have the right / privelege to open). These files have been moved from my System U to the Server. If I rename one of these files using my System U I can open it from my System W without any problem.

This is the first time I got this problem since the server is installed (ca. 6 months ) and I can not reproduce this situation.

From all other Linux Desktops I have no problem to open the files by any user account.

System W:

Windows 7 with all updates till today ;-)

Logged in User: roxane

System U:

Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Logged in User: Administrator

Server:

OMV 4.1.34-1

share: SMB/CIFS with ACLs

See below file AR TGN 1.pdf could not be open.

After renaming the file AR TGN 2.pdf to b.pdf as mentioned before it could be opened without any problem.

I can not see where the difference is ;(!

It would me extremely great if somebody can help me.

Thx in advance

OMV4711

Hi,

i am trying to install open-vm-tools on OMV 4.1.34 on ESXI 6.7.

I did:

apt-get update

apt-get install open-vm-tools

And at the end it shows the following:

Is this a problem?
    Is there any thing i have to do now?

thx
    omv4711

If you can log in via ssh or direct for 1 minute then try this:
    system-inhibit

Unfortunately I tried it but it did not work for me. :/ Maybe i made some mistake.

I did the following in one ssh session:
    root@mysrv:~# systemd-inhibit sleep 1m
    -> should hold the system for 1 minute (change 1m to 30m for 30 minutes)

And the following in the second ssh session:
    root@mysrv:~# shutdown now