Posts by saut74

I understand that I don't have screenshots or error logs, but I can't access the server. I am wondering if there is a way to fix the issue.

After shutting down Raspberry Pi network connectivity via IPv4 doesn't work. The ethernet is down and when turning it up with ifconfig, it doesn't pull an IPv4 address. Traffic is coming and and out as per the received and transmitted packets most likely from IPv6. Networking services showed failed, but after a reboot, it showed up. I tried to assign DHCP or static IP in /etc/network/interfaces, but that didn't seem to work. Device information is Raspbian 10 (buster).

I even tried omv-firstaid to fix issue, but error came back permission denied.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for the information! It is basically making Windows talk to Linux and use Linux tools. I utilize Windows Subsystem for Linux.

I should have been more specific. I was going to use the USBbackup, but that would require me to go on site. I am looking to do backups, at least some throughout the year, remotely.

Thank you geaves . I finally got around to do this.

I am sorry about the confusion, but the setup goes as follows. I have Raspberry Pi running OMV 5 with two external hard disks at my church. One is a main disk with a share and the other is a backup disk running Rsync using Cron. No more RAID!

To satisfy the 3-2-1 rule of backups, I have an identical external hard drive at my house. Openvpn is setup on the router and I am going to do a full backup from time to time. I have a Windows 10 desktop that used to be a camera server with WSL enabled. What would be the most efficient and/or fastest way to backup the share off site at my house? Should I not even look into VPNing into the church and utilize the USB backup? I do appreciate the work you put in and I look forward to your suggestion(s).

I am doing an offsite backup of my church's data. We have OpenVPN setup on the router. I tried Duplicati, but I get a different IP all the time. I am still looking into allowing me to get a static VPN IP or allowing two way communication since I get a class A address and the internal network is a class C.

When I did Duplicati, I didn't get data, but a bunch of .aes files. I am not well versed in Duplicati, but willing to learn. I might give it another shot.

geaves I guess I forgot to mention that I am backing up the data over VPN. I hate to add to a specific issue, but do you have suggestions? I tried WinSCP, robocopy, rsync, and Duplicati. Rsync seems to be the best option to sync/backup data.

geaves, if I were to do an rsync from server to external drive, I should have the data off of the working drive. I would do it one more time before I was ready.

My questions is how do I know what the working drive is? I doubt this questions is relevant because it looks like I will have to wipe both drives anyways.

I am concerned about restoring the backup due to bandwidth, bandwidth restrictions, rsync failing in the middle, etc.

In the console, it states clean, degraded. I saw in another post that using rsync would be better to "mirror" the drives. I think I might go that route. Is there a way to break the RAID and not lose the data?

Seagate Backup Plus Hub 6TB

The external hardrive was disconnected from the server.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I probably anticipate the answer to this, but would it be possible to obtain the content of a shared folder from an external hard drive I took from an OMV server? I know they are different file systems, but I researched some tools that didn't quite work for me. The tools were Ext2Fsd and Ext2read.

I have the content backed up using Robocopy, but I am wondering if it would be possible to doubled check that I have everything.