Beiträge von nerddude

Do the zfs in proxmox and assign virtual disks to omv as needed. Pi-hole works well as a vm and even as a container. A samba ad will work to I am sure. Search for active directory and choose a version that is shown to work with omv. Before setting it up and beating your head against the wall. I am using windows 2012 server but will dump that when it goes end of life.

Had freenas a long time ago. Dumped it as I am more familiar with debian/linux than freebsd. Your milage may very.

I ifirc Votedev (the developer here) was part of freenas years ago.

So you are suggesting i should run second server on proxmox too? Then OMV as VM?

I already have pihole working in lxc and samba ad ubuntu.

I could do the same on second server...this is for HA...

I have OMV running under proxmox. Looking to build backup server for critical data. Needs to zfs array. Debating between omv and freenas.

I was also hoping to run backup pihole and samba ad server on it as well.

I have successfully mounted my unraid xfs formatted disks in omv. Wiped parity drives.Snapraid Sync is running now.

Just need to figure out cron schedule of snapraid.

Then off to setting up the ZFS array.Then work on sync between freenas and omv for ZFS array.

I am in an almost identical situation, so maybe we can kill two birds with one stone? I am moving from UnRAID to OMV, have a 12 bay SuperMicro chassis with two parity disks, but what is slightly different is that I am using two Mellanox ConnectX-2 10Gb vards to create a 10 gig P2P link to transfer approximately 24TB worth of data and seed the OMV (which will start off being a backup NAS, but which I want to convert to my main NAS afterward). I then intend to use an RSync script to create/maintain incremental backups.

Is there a tutorial regarding transferring the data? It would seem to be the one difference in our two scenarios.

I have 6 4tb disks that i could use to transfer the data...but i need about 65tb to be able to transfer

I am looking to move from unraid to OMV. So i can snapraid and zfs.

Right i now i have 10disk array in unraid with 2 disk for parity.

The disks are xfs formatted. What is the best way to move the over to snapraid in omv without losing data?

I will be using seperate zfs array for critical data