Beiträge von Sam100

Hi Geaves,

Interesting. I did do a process of elimination and found the issue lied with the fact Quad SATA did not distinguish between different SSD's due to serial normalisation. Once I had corrected that issue I still found the reboot issue reappeared. It most likely is the UnionFS/MergeFS plugin does encounter issues whereby it cannot distinguish differences in USB mounted drives.

I am currently waiting on a CLI mounted RAID10 array to finalise as I gave up of UnionFS/MergeFS. Once I have road tested and am confident post reboot this works I will update the commands used. But for what its worth I made up the majority of my commands from what I read and what the Rpi would accept.

I used the following tutorials:

OMV Official Rpi Guide

With install Quad SATA Hat and changes to SSD serialization from below

Quad SATA Hat

and then used the RAID10 guide below

RAID10 Guide

Albeit they all need minor adjustments to the commands used due to non power/super user and attributes of the drives or user:pass attributes.

Regards,

Sam100

Hi Devs,

I am new to OMV.

However I encountered an issue whereby the latest version of OMV 5 stalls and ultimately fails to reboot whilst running the above hardware/firmware config when using UnionFS freshly configured.

I merged the four SSD labelled A B C D into one named ROOT.

I have done this 3 times. It is now I understand how to image an original setup SD and then I can reload it so I am safe to reboot from the imaged card but do I need to do this every time??? ;(;(;(

Please see below steps taken after reboot. I cannot reenter command line with CTRL + C or as seen by entering ENTER it just stalls.

Regards,

Sam100

Hi all,

It is definitely not user setup or SD card that's the issue. That being said I did have issues re imaging SD card. i since figured out what the issue was and am yet again going to fresh install then image and keep .IMG file as a backup of a bare basic install minus any changes. Ill update you once I have things up and running and have rebooted ;)

BTW my setup includes a Quad SATA hat Rpi kit and 4 X Crucial 1TB SSD for anyone interested.

Wish me luck.

Sam100

Hi Chudak,

Your not alone. I twice did a clean install on my SD card and successfully backed up to SSD (but cant put it back on SD card without startup errors). Everything worked perfectly until reboot. I however did use union file system (UFS) in both installs.

I am not sure if it is this or the latest OMV has a bug but both times the Rpi hung at startup and refused to boot. It also persisted with a statement about the admin password had changed and couldn't access recovery facility? Whether or not you also had this issue. I had changed it both times out of normalcy.

Devs got any ideas?