Posts by baldman

Removing the old kernels only cleared about 4GB, enough to get me back up and running.
    Out of an 80GB drive OMV has used about 70GB which seems a lot for just OMV. Its been a while since I've cleared the temp files. Maybe I can get some more space out of it yet :/

Thanks so for your help guys :)

● openmediavault-engined.service - The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openmediavault-engined.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Tue 2022-08-02 01:01:02 AEST; 19min ago

Process: 578 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/omv-engined (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 621 (omv-engined)

Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915)

Memory: 25.3M

CGroup: /system.slice/openmediavault-engined.service

└─621 omv-engined

Aug 02 01:00:49 FILESERVER systemd[1]: Starting The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC reque

Aug 02 01:01:02 FILESERVER systemd[1]: Started The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC reques

Aug 02 01:05:43 FILESERVER chpasswd[5677]: pam_unix(chpasswd:chauthtok): password changed for admin

Yes I did.
    I tried configuring the web control panel part. It only let me set port 80 and that's it.

Also changed the password.
    Still cant log in.

It doesn't tell me my credentials are wrong. But if I input them wrong it does tell me when they are.

Hey All,

Stupid me broke my web interface ;(

I was on another Linux machine trying to SSH in and upload an ssh key.

During the ssh-copy-id process OMV locked up. Once the ssh-copy finished (and failed) I was unable to log into the web interface.

The web interface just flicks back to the login box with no error.

I can still log into terminal with root and all my dockers seem fine too. I've also tried OMV-firstaid with no joy.

It seems like the web interface is broken. Weird though, it worked briefly for one login but not anymore ;(

Any help would be awesome... thanks:)

Hey all,

I'm having some issues with Portainer. I moved docker and all my containers to a new hard drive. I changed the directory path in the docker gui. All my containers are working perfectly except for portainer. I've removed and installed protainer multiple times with no luck. I installed Yacht (which I'm not very familiar with) to see portainers status and it appears to be hanging on restart. I cant stop or restart it either, it just hangs there. I tried restarting the computer too but it's still the same. Any suggestions would be awesome8)

Thanks heaps:)

Yes, you have to update both nextcloud and mariadb images first. As you say, keep them updated with watchtower:thumbup:

I took a few updates with small database repairs along the way, but I'm now updated to 21.0.3 (stable release)
    It's a pretty slick looking Nextcloud now I've updated8)

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm now finally on the latest version:)

Now I know to keep it updated via the web updater as the Nextcloud application isn't stored within the container. Lesson learned8o

Thanks legends8)

I've update up to 17.0.10 but there a database issue that needs fixing.

Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running 'occ db:convert-filecache-bigint' those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline.

I cant find the right command in to get into docker and run the above command?.... I think im a bit rusty.8o

You don't have to reinstall everything, just the nextcloud and mariadb containers.

Auto updating is way smarter than what you're doing now, which is basically using an insecure EOL version.

I've updated all of my containers automatically with watchtower for at least 3yrs, and it's caused a problem exactly once. Even then, it wasn't really a major problem that 20min of Googling didn't fix (it was really more a PIA update that caused the issue, but it caused a couple of containers to not work properly because I had to manually make some changes to them)

My mariaDB & nextcloud conatiners are both updated on the latest images. Nextcloud still says Version 17 :/

I'm not really keen on reinstalling everything if I can avoid it. It's a big job...lol

I know absolutely nothing about watchtower or how it works. I'll have to learn about it first:/
    I'm not sure I like the idea of automatically updating things. If something goes wrong during updates I'd be kicking my self ..lol

Updates are the most annoying thing. Doesn't matter what applications you're into. Updates always leave you with complications. ..lol