Posts by chente

The same issue- cannot create a bridge with managent omv interface. With another interface you can.

In point 3.3 of this guide it is explained how a network bridge can be made.

Kannst du mir sagen wo ich das finde?

Das wäre die Nutzung von OMV und mittels Docker kann ich den Nextcloud Dienst einbinden? Also ich kann den Ordner im OMV anzeigen lassen? Aber ich möchte eine synchronisation. So dass ich auf die Daten immer zugreifen kann (VPN auf das NAS geht auch klar.. Aber wenn zu Hause das WLAN/LAN defekt ist bzw. Stromausfall ist, komme ich nicht dran).

Zudem habe ich alles auf OneDrive und möchte nicht umziehen. Aber Danke.

Nextcloud kann One Drive-Inhalte synchronisieren. Und Nextcloud kann externe Ordner (Samba usw.), freigegebene OMV-Ordner bereitstellen. Ich verwende One Drive nicht, aber Sie sollten in der Lage sein, One Drive-Inhalte mit einem freigegebenen Ordner auf OMV zu synchronisieren. Dieser Ordner wäre also immer wie jeder andere in OMV verfügbar.

Wenn Sie eine Suche bei Google durchführen, bin ich überzeugt, dass Sie über Docker andere Lösungen finden werden, um diese Synchronisierung durchzuführen, sicherlich etwas Einfacheres als Nextcloud.

bevor ich mich an das Projekt OMV (auf PI4) begebe muss ich wissen, ob man mittels PlugIn o.ä. bestimmte Ordner des OVM NAS mit Ordnern auf OneDrive synchronisieren kann.

Mit dieser Anleitung können Sie Nextcloud auf OMV installieren.

Innerhalb von Nextcloud können Sie mit diesem Plugin also OMV-Ordner mit One Drive synchronisieren.

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/files_external_onedrive

What should be the permissions for the two folders "pool" "ISOS".

I created the folders using everyone:read, write as i struggled to get it to work otherwise.

Is that the correct way?

That is a good question. I'm not going to lie here ;) , when I say in the guide "pay attention to the permissions of these folders" it's because I don't know the right answer, so I'm just giving the warning. I can only say that my pool and ISOS folders are owned by root and have 775 permissions and they work.

Maybe ryecoaaron can shed some light here.

I tried to reboot several times but end up always with an error.

OMV was recently installed and I just configured basic things following a tutorial on youtube by technodad.

Don't know where to look.

First start would be to put the error message here.

And check what things in that tutorial are outdated by checking with this guide.

And say if you're running OMV5 or OMV6, and on what hardware.

This was changed a long time ago at OMV. You can read the reasons here.

The simple solution is to use symbolic links. The openmediavault symlinks plugin makes this much easier.

I am looking to backup all data on an OMV server to an OMV offsite location (via public Internet).

You may be interested in this solution.

What do you mean by "local DNS forwarder"? Is it something that my router does? There is no DNS server in my network, I rely on my ISP. The only thing (that I know of) I can adapt is the hosts file (per client).

There are two solutions.

- Modify the client's hosts file. This is what you have done. For it to work you must modify this file on each client.

- Create a DNS server. In this case, all clients will receive the IP configured for that domain.

only via local network (with an invalid certificate, but that doesn't bother me)

Did you follow the macom guide? Do you have this line in your config.php file?:

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://your.url/nextcloud',

Or like this, if it is a subdomain:

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your.url',

It's really not important, this already works. I'm just surprised it works like this for you locally.

Would be it be of any help if I started learning linux command line and those commands? Or maybe a starting point on networks....

For an initial handling of OMV it is not necessary a great knowledge of linux, practically everything can be done from the GUI. If it is convenient to learn a little about permissions to understand how things work. This can help.

https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…d=nas_permmissions_in_omv

As you proceed, it's a good idea to get a little familiar with using the command line through Putty https://openmediavault.readthe…e/newuserguide.html#putty and learn some basic commands. At some point you will want to do something that requires you to enter some command. There is a lot of information on google. Understanding how the network works is essential, this is not characteristic of linux.

Applications write data to disk when they need this data to be persistent. ZFS puts this data in a cache and writes this cache every 5 minutes. If you miss a 5 minute cache write you lose the data that applications have written for 5 minutes. If you miss a two-hour cache write, you lose the data that applications have written for two hours. It is obvious what the risk is here.

If you disable the cache, the applications will continuously write data to the disk, you will not lose anything. In this case the noise will be logically continuous. Your problem is not a write every 5 minutes, it is that the applications write data to the disks, this generates noise and annoys you.