Beiträge von btb23

I wasn't sure if I should start my own thread or tag on to this one as the issue is very similar?

I've updated my XU4 from v6 to v7 , so far all good, except when I log in with SSH I see my underlying OS is still at Buster.

The upgrade commands I used were, sudo omv-salt stage run deploy sudo omv-upgrade  sudo omv-release-upgrade I wasn't aware of any errors, and after the upgraded completed and I rebooted, was successfully up and running on v7.

Having read through this thread I' see the OS is still on Buster but should now be Bookworm, so I've run the ix6to7upgrade (I saw a lot of references to Bookworm running through) sudo apt dist-upgrade then the 3 apt update commands again, there was an OMV update to v 7.0.2-2, but apart from that everything else was up to date and OS still on Buster as seen below.

Any advice about what to do next?

I have a few shared folders and use NFS and they mount without problem.

I'd like to export a NFS from a pooled share on mergerfs, but even though they show up in my exports I either see 'folder doesn't exist' or 'stale file handler' on the client when trying to mount them.

Having done a search for this problem which has cropped up before I see its something to do with UUID and changing to FSID somewhere, and so can be fixed by changing how my disks are mounted, but I can't find a run through of the steps needed.

Is there anyone who knows which changes I have to make and steps to take? It's only the mergerfs NFS exports that are a problem, my other exports are fine.

Version 6.0.34-1 (Shaitan)

I see in the CPU usage widget mostly 100% system use, see screenshot, but when I look at CPU utilisation its in the green, below 30%, (in the past I would see this less than 10% a lot of the time), and in diagnostics processes hardly any cpu use at all, see code block, trimmed down to keep under 1000 chars .

Is it a monitoring error in the CPU widget? Is there anything I can do about it either way?

Hardware is an Odroid XU4.

Soma Thank you, though shift+F5 did it for me, much appreciated.

Have you entered the text manually or by copy&paste? It seems there are some hidden characters at the end of the command line which might lead to the error message.

Yes it was my error inputting the command, now no error.

Though when I looked at the output from the Odroid as it was booting up I saw the error

Code
     [FAILED] Failed to start resolvconf-pull-resolved.ervice

So I ran systemctl status resolvconf-pull-resolved.service

Thanks for helping, I was trying things after your last reply so took a bit of time to reply back.

So all seems to be back, but should I do anything about this error?

Oh and PS the CPU use widget is now working!

Try omv-firstaid to repair the RRD databases. If this does not help, try to delete the file and restart rrdcached with systemctrl restart rrdcached.

Thank you for the help.

I ran omv-firstaid, I didn't know about that. Chose 7 Check RRD database and it reported that 1 file was removed.

Now since then I have no web interface, well it just a pale blue background with no menus or anything. I can still see the shares and ssh, I've rebooted but still only pale blue screen. I've ran systemctl restart rrdcached and get the following

Code
    sudo systemctl restart rrdcached
    Invalid unit name "rrdcached" escaped as "rrdcached\xe2\x80\x8b" (maybe you should use systemd-escape?).
    Failed to restart rrdcached\xe2\x80\x8b.service: Unit rrdcached\xe2\x80\x8b.service not found.

I tried sudo omv-mkrrdgraph which seemed to complete with no error, but still just get the pale blue background.

I'm not sure what to try next

This is OMV6 updated yesterday from OMV5.

After the update I looked in the in journalctl -e to see if any problems and saw a recurring error relating to the CPU usage widget on the dashboard

I then tried sudo omv-mkrrdgraph and the output was

Code
    sudo omv-mkrrdgraph
    ERROR: rrdcached@unix:/run/rrdcached.sock: rrd_fetch_r failed: '/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/cpu-0/cpu-idle.rrd' is not an RRD file
    ERROR: rrdcached@unix:/run/rrdcached.sock: rrd_fetch_r failed: '/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/cpu-0/cpu-idle.rrd' is not an RRD file

I then ran ls -alh /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/cpu-0/ and output was

So it looks like the file cpu-idle.rrd may be the problem, and it has a file date which doesn't match with the rest. I updated from OMV5 to OMV just yesterday.

Would I be on the right track thinking that file is from OMV5 and didn't get updated? If so, or if another reason does anyone know how to help?