Beiträge von confusedspanishboi

Resized OS partition with EASEUS partiton master ( in another windows machine ) now im trying to restore the backup trought the plugin in OMV5 but failing at mounting the iso in the usb( it was changed to dd instead of ddfull )

When i have spare time im been testing about recovery in OMV for when i accidentaly destroy everything ( happens more times than i would like )

My question is for that purpose im saving a full dd backup of the drive ( 128 SSD ) , but i only have 64GB USB .

Is there a manner to make the root ssd smaller / copy all the drive to a smaller one ?

I think if i maybe can traslade all the OS in to an USB it would be easier for backups as well , TecnoDadLife does in ones on his videos having 2 / 3 usb duplicating the entire thumbdrive and when one fails boots from another and you save time burning the image.

If its possible to change to an USB can i notice a lot of variation in performance?

Thanks in advance reading old post i know the developer team is pretty envolved in the project

I saw multiple treads talking about clonezilla , the "iso" that i need to mount is the .ddfull? or i need more of that files in the "directory" on the image in the firs post ? ( i selected dd full drive option in the backup plugin )

Another question ( sorry to bother) im planing to add more drives , do you recomend any plugin/raid in particular? ( currently 3 drives and 1 ssd to boot) .

The last question I promise : does OMV have trouble with pci to sata cards to add more ports ? or better try sliting the currently sata ports that i have in the motherboard ?

After a fresh install of OMV i tried the backup pluguin in case that someting goes grong.

Its configured well but i dont really now how to go to the "previus" state or if i need to mount another image . Here is the Directory , i dont know if with ballenaetcher i can mount the .ddfull inside the compresed archive but i thin im passong another simpler alternative.

Another question is the other archives , dont know what they are .

Thanks in advance

After re-installing OMV in my machine ( was running flawlessy during 1+month) im trying to reinstall OMV but i keep stuck at a blue screen after DHCPV6 loading bar.

I dont really know what to do , i do the same at the 1st time but now this keeps happening.

If you need more info i will provide anny necesary , thanks in advance :)