Beiträge von therealbeda

That's impossible, you won't be able to do it. When you install omv-extras it will be the latest version. Furthermore, this is unsafe, which is why it cannot be done.

You can do a new installation and follow this guide. You'll have Nextcloud up and running in 30 minutes.

And not. Portainer is not required to install Nextcloud. Portainer is not needed for anything at all, except to follow some outdated youtube guides.

Hi again, I followed your guide and it's working almost perfect, I have 2 problems right now:

1. Sometimes Nextcloud tells me that the connection to the server is lost, takes 1-2 min for restarting/reconnecting

2. I Installed nextcloud app on android and set up the automatic pic upload, sadly the default folder was an internal storage folder from my pi. before I realised it started to upload. When trying to move files from the internal folder called "SofortUpload" to the external storage it gives me some failures, translated from german to english like "could not move file xy". As a walkaround I copied the files via samba in windows, all good. Trying to delete the original "SofortUpload" folder was not successfull. "Could not delete folder". Deleting the app from android didn't solve the problem (my idea was the folder was still in use due to wrong upload destination).

...Though I'm struggling with some minor problems I'm very happy, your guide is just awesome, never made it this far!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Beda

That's impossible, you won't be able to do it. When you install omv-extras it will be the latest version. Furthermore, this is unsafe, which is why it cannot be done.

You can do a new installation and follow this guide. You'll have Nextcloud up and running in 30 minutes.

And not. Portainer is not required to install Nextcloud. Portainer is not needed for anything at all, except to follow some outdated youtube guides.

A lot to learn, I guess. Gonna follow the guide and see what's happening. Thanks again for your support!

Regards,

Beda

Hey all,

First of all, I'm still a bloody beginner with all this stuff, most of the time I just follow some YT guides to set up what I'd like to.

Recently I bought another raspi for setting up nextcloud on OMV 6, after installing omv via "sudo wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/install | sudo bash"

I realised that it's the always installing the latest OMV version, where all the OMV-extras with docker & portainers changed, though I read the pinned thread explaining what changed I have no clue how to run docker and portainer (which is mandatory for nextcloud, afaik). So, to solve this issue without working through all changelogs and re-reading several guides I was thinking about a workaround for my problem, 2 options:

1. Installing an older version of OMV (e.g. 6.0.24), before all that changes took effect. Sadly, I have no idea how to do that on the raspy.

2. Cloning SD card from my first raspi (running omv 6.0.24), already did that but it seems like it's causing network issues. Raspy boot works, IP is ok in my router but still I can't connect via ssh or omv GUI.

I'd be happy if you guys could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tobi

That could be related to the possible file system error, or the fact that you have attempted a sync job on a windows machine for linux file systems

In that link I sent you there is a reference to WinScp, using that you may be able to get access, if you cannot get access through windows file manager

Alright, gonna work through that. Still wondering why my file systems keep crashing, not the first time...

Thanks!

Okay, thank you.

Suddenly, I do not have access to 2 of my subfolders in my backup machine (jesus knows why) in Windows. I am 100% sure it was working before. Of course, PureSync gets stuck cause it doesnt have access. Checked privileges in OMV, everything looks alright. Restarting everything for the 100th time didnt help.

Any idea about that?

Thanks

Hi again,

I would like to reactivate my own thread cause I got another new failure on rsync.

After the Bad message fails (original thread) I decided to wipe all of my HDDs and set up everything again, seemed like I had some issues on my files I couldn't solve correctly. After wiping and setting up OMV 6 on 2 machines (1 for use + 1 backup) and syncing everything remotely it was working nice. Now, 5 days after my last sync I have another failure:

rsync structure needs cleaning (117).

I didn't change anything on my setup, just turned off both machines 5 days ago and turned them back on and now I get that failure on rsync.

Ok, due to the fact that saving my files is most important, I decided to switch to PureSync on Windows and, settings to backup whole machine Z to machine Y. Didn't work, access problems on my backup machine. Suddenly, I do not have access to 2 of my subfolders in my backup machine (jesus knows why) in Windows. I am 100% sure it was working before. Of course, PureSync gets stuck cause it doesnt have access. Checked privileges in OMV, everything looks alright. Restarting everything for the 100th time didnt help. I am getting crazy right now, jumping from one to another problem. And now, even after I wiping all of my data recently and setting up both machines again I am having trouble again. WTF?

I really hope somebody could give me some advice, I am crying.

Thanks

Regards,

Beda

Hello folks,

The thread title already describes what's going on. Recently, I set up a whole new NAS system (new hardware, fresh OMV 6 installation) and mounted my existing RAIDs. Docker is working, Samba works, everything nice.

Now I tried to set up a rsync job (as I did with my old NAS, too). I get the following failures:

rsync: [sender] readdir("/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-7e3bc809-7e43-4b1a-a14a-3a8372aa60ef/NAS/FOLDERXY/FILE.JPG"): Bad message (74)

And finally:

sent 8,304,161 bytes received 24,616 bytes 979,856.12 bytes/sec

total size is 15,507,068,321,681 speedup is 1,861,866.19
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1333) [sender=3.2.3]
    ERROR: The synchronisation failed.

END OF LINE

I'd be happy if anyone could help me out.

Thanks

Regards,

Beda

Thank you!!!! Wasted hours cause of that....

Hi all,

I just installed OMV6 on a brand new hardware. After installing OMV-extras I installed docker. When trying to install portainer I reiceive the following error:

Starting portainer/portainer-ce ...
    38e7dc894a7b233f06df21d4bd43fb725b60c5c8570f46d4b1599c84c33472c6
    Something went wrong trying to pull and start portainer ...

I tested different builds, wiped everything multiple times, no solution. Google didn't help me.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Beda

Hi all,

I recently finished building my own NAS server (4*8TB) and also a small "Backup-Box" (1x16TB). My NAS is set up with OMV6, I created a RAID0. Soon, I need another HDD for my Backup-Box. In general, I would like to know if I can extend my existing RAID0 if I wanna add another HDD? I didn't find any option in OMV. I mean, of course I can sync all files, add another HDD and re-build the RAID0. But the sync takes about 2 days from source to destination and another 2 days vice versa... Isn't there a simple method?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Beda

Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with my samba shares. I am using OMV 6, everything was working fine, had access to my shares on both PC's and all of my androids (via cx file explorer). Today I made a simple backup with resync in OMV. After it was finished I wanted to check my files via Cx file explorer on my android and realised I had can't see all my files! It's all fine on win11, all files there. When I enter the same folder (IP + name + password) I see the main folder but when I enter it there's nothing, empty. I didn't change anything with shares or privileges... Don't have a clue what's going on. Restarted all devices, even deleted all shares and configured again - same issue. App-reinstall didn't solve that problem.

Same result with another file explorer-app.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on here? Don't wanna reinstall OMV....

Thanks in advance.

Beda

therealbeda In your video you tried to mount a subdirectory of the /Nas share

In Post #105 i tried to explan what the correct share was.

In the field "Ordner" enter

• //192.168.178.100/NAS2 (for user Tobi2) or
    • //192.168.178.100/testfolder (for the new brother account)

Once this works, if you still want to share a sub-folder with your brother and your brother has managed to mount the share OBI successfully, go to "Freigegebene Ordner" and change the location of the share OBI back to Nas/OBI.

Doing a rsyncjob right now, I'll try it later and edit this post.

Edit: Did not work, when trying to mount the sub, windows is telling me the device I want to mount is not available anymore. Don't know but I don't care.

therealbeda is trying to mount a directory inside a share /Nas he is not allowed to access.

The correct "Ordner" would be //192.168.178.100/NAS2 or //192.168.178.100/testfolder the shares wich were created in the video-

I bet it works is you use the correct shares.

Ok I've read some tutorials and set up everything again, new users, new shares, new samba and I did it the way you (and also chente ) said, I mounted //192.168.178.100/Obi and it works.

So in conclusion I can say that my directories management was wrong, WinSCP helped me a lot to know what the structure is here.

Just for the future, if anybody wants to know what I did:

I fixed my directories, so now I have </srv/dev-disk-by-PASTE UUID HERE/Nas> and also </srv/dev-disk-by-PASTE UUID HERE/Obi>

Created 2 users, Tobi and Obi. Then shared both folders, here an example for Obi:

I used the default path as chente told me before.

Tobi has privileges for both folders, Obi has privileges for folder Obi only.

Last thing was to do the samba share:

I just selected the shared folder "Obi" [on /dev/md0, Obi], everything else on default.

Not exactly what my original question/problem was but that was because of my fucked up directories and shared folder stuff. Needed to understand how the directories management works in OMV first.

Thanks to you guys for being so patient :)