Beiträge von galapogos01

It doesn't happen on most upgrade and is hard to detect especially in bash.

How did it kill you? It would only prevent installing new plugins from the web interface.

The upgrade messed with omvextras. I could not reinstall it. I was using LUKS and therefore could not mount the volume once I upgraded. It was a major pain and it would have been helpful for this step to be part of the upgrade process; as it seems non destructive, couldn't it be run regardless of detection?

Hi guys,

I am trying to play around with LVM snapshots on ext4. I have shrunk my fs, shrunk my volume and now have 10% free space in my VG. When I go to create a snapshot in the GUI I get

Code
    00 - Internal Server Error
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; lvcreate --snapshot --name 'XXX_snapshot_20220821-140808' --size 7032627200K '/dev/mapper/XXX-XXX' 2>&1' with exit code '5': File descriptor 3 (socket:[16624]) leaked on lvcreate invocation. Parent PID 113640: sh File descriptor 4 (socket:[503963]) leaked on lvcreate invocation. Parent PID 113640: sh Volume group "XXX" has insufficient free space (190772 extents): 1716950 required. 

There is no way to specify a snapshot size in the GUI and it is trying to create a snapshot as large as the volume itself.

Is there a way to create smaller snapshot?