Beiträge von Parador

Dear All,
    I'm sorry I tried to update my omv system via System / Update Management / Updates and got an error message by that.
    After a reboot omv started, but I got problems with the webinterface - most pages keep getting me a "software failure message".
    I can get into the dashboard and System and see the version 6.9.11-3
    I can't get into Network, Storage, Services, Users, or Diagnostics ...
    Plex running in a Docker seams to be up and running....

What can I do? ;(
    Thanks for your help / hints in advance

Dear all,

thanks for your hints in advance.... I found my OMV freezing after a undefined period of time... after a power down and up I looked at the logs and found nothing in special... after the next freeze I added a monitor to view what is happening... the system started normally but after some hours I got the following messages on the screen:

pv66CHs.jpg

I have no idea what it tries me to tell... can someone help me? ..

Thanks in advance

Hi All,
    I'm really new to docker and/or portainer. I got everything to work, but also see the problem that updates are not made. I restarted as mentioned from Agricola and found the following at the log:

[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing... ,

Docker is used for versioning skip update check,

[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.

So I think it is about the ENV variable VERSION "docker" that I can see here.... mentioned from @shecky66.

And now my question ;) How can I change that variable? ..... Thanks in advance

Sorry for that: I did not see the Post from Agricola - everything is clear now!

Hi All,

today I started the Update from 6.0-34 to 6.0.1-1 and got the following notices:

I think everything works fine.... But do I have to do anything?

And the suggestion:

I like the new style for the log and it would be great to get a "Done" after the update was successful ;) Everything ended with "Updating workbench configuration filles..."

Thanks in advance!

Dear All,

a suggestion or another question - I tried to add new rsync tasks. Source and Destination show all the shares and as addtional information the name of the drive and path.

But the name of the drive isn't shown anywhere else, isn't it? Not at "storage/disks" or at "storage/file systems"... That makes it a bit difficult to find the right drive for me...
    Maybe the drive name could be shown at "storage/disks" or the device(sda,sdb,---) is displayed at rsync, or what I would find nice, the comment from "storage/disks" shows up as addtional Info at rsync.

Thanks in advance

Dear All,

thanks for your great work! At this moment I'm using version: 6.0-34

It looks like I have trouble editing am added Task at Power Management.
    The task is working but I cant change the settings anymore, everytime I try to edit it, it leads me to a black page with a red error message: "Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue. The requested page was not found."
    Known problem, or something that I can fix on my side?

Thanks for your help ;)

Dear All,

my Plex keeps telling me, that there is a new version and I should update ;) But when I check for updates within OMV there are none. I'm using Plex from the Plexmediaserver repo.

Is there a place where I can check if a new version is available for OMV (not UpdateManagement) to be sure everything is fine?

I would like to be sure nothing is broken - maybe the source for downloading the updates...

Thanks for your help in advance

At the moment everything looks fine. Used clonzilla to take an image, verified it, everything ok.

After that, restored that image, verified again, everything ok.

Replaced the old drive with the new drive, everything ok and OMV working fine.

Thanks for your help

No, I did not verify (think there was no option for that in "not expert" mode)

Yes, used same port, cable, place....

Clonezilla was not started on omv hardware (cause no other free sata port), the new drive ist larger than the old

sry for asking again. Used Clonezilla (live from usb) and cloned the drive in beginner mode disk2disk... but after connecting the new drive system tells me about many many errors on sda1. After changing back to the original drive everything is working again (no errors).

Got no errors during cloning...

Ideas what went wrong, or what to change?

sry for a maybe stupid question... never cloned a linux system before.

After a successful cloning process I connected the new drive and started the system... and can only see a blinking "j" on the screen...

what went wrong? or what can I do better?

Allright, I will start with cloning the drive. Maybe I will come back to this thread after I checked back if my plex data is on the system drive, or on the data drive. Allready checked that - Database is on another hdd...

Thx!

Dear all,

SMART monitoring of my omv main system hdd starts to report prefail errors which is not good....

I would like to replace it asap. I have only a few plugins installed, but i'm worried about my Plex db or that the plex data would be gone...

I found this thread: RE: Replacement main drive

and would start with cloning my hdd (to same or bigger size) - any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance