Beiträge von mkgriesinger

I have the issue with >255 on a brand new install (Last night at 10pm.) The problem is all my disks are now labeled with the extremely long uuid (4 data disks). Just my 4 data disks puts the plugin over the limit.

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1eb9af7f-9bc7-4e78-b5f6-9c6bad0a9194\poolshare

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-bb1703fc-c16b-457a-913e-16d507143158\poolshare

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-2665b842-0f8d-4679-8b98-7e4ad67b3822\poolshare

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-757c864a-9e52-4d95-a56e-dfbda4c90824\poolshare

This means people will only be able to pool 3 disks before hitting the limit.

I was not able to figure out what was wrong.. So I hit the server with the proverbial sledge hammer and deleted my OMV SDA disk and re-installed from scratch. Now it all works. I am still not sure why python was freaking out on apt-get install python-samba...

I am having an issue with omv-update. I get error that python-samba is not fully installed

I have tried the following commands with no success

1.) omv-aptclean
    2.) omv-update
    3.) apt-get -f install
    4.) apt-get autoclean
    5.) dpkg --force-all -i python-samba_4.5.12+dfsg-2+deb9u4_amd64.deb
    6.) dpkg --configure -a

They all come up with the same error

Any help would be greatly welcomed

When doing omv-update in command line or GUI update I get the following error

“”” dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
    unable to open files list file for package ‘libicu57:amd64’: no such device or address

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg return an error code (2). “””

When I do ‘apt-get install libicu57’ it says “libicu57 is already the newest very...”

I click (y) to install anyways and it says:

“Errors were encountered while processing:
    python-samba
    samba
    samba-common-bin
    openmediavault
    openmediavault-backup
    openmediavault-omvextraorg
    openmediavault-usbbackup
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned and error code (1)”

Here are some screenshots:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ryecoaaron

I got it working by nano /lib/systemd/system/openmediavault-engined.service and adding that line. After that i rebooted and it worked! Thank you very much for the direction.

I don't think the 'edit' operation is available in Debian 8, but from googling it looks like it works in later versions of Linux.

I found the proper file by doing 'systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service'

All,
    I have a problem with the latest install of OMV3 and my company lab proxy. Before i migrated the VM from Workstation 11, 'OMV -> OMV-Extras -> APT Clean' worked fine. This worked well because it was NAT on my local windows machine that is already 100% configured for proxy. When I migrated to my LAB ESX server both CLI and GUI wouldn't work until i configured proxy in OMV GUI. Then i configured "/etc/profile", "/etc/apt/apt.conf", "/etc/wgetrc" and "/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99HttpProxy" for http, https, and ftp.

My CLI works fine. Here is an example of me doing omv-aptclean from CLI:

The GUI get a connection timeout. Here is an example of me doing 'OMV -> OMV-Extras -> APT Clean':

## Scenario ##
    Some docker applications require the file system to have exec for a mount option. OMV by default sets the mountpoints to nonexec. I have had problems with plex + transcoding and also openvpn-as for docker when my 'APPhdd' is mounted as nonexec.

## Question ##
    1.)Is there a way to change the filesystem mount to exec and have it stay permanente? (after updates and reboots its back to nonexec)
    2.)right now i check every 7 days, or when plex doesn't transcode if fstab changed back to nonexec for my APPhdd. Are there any better options or alternatives or recommendation?

Thanks!

@HK-47 Doesn't look like it worked 8(

mergerfs.inc lines 106 - 108

Code
    private static function fetchMountPointFromFstabByFsnameAndType($fsname, $type)
        {
            $mountsFile = strpos($fsname, DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR) === 0 ? '/proc/mounts' : '/etc/fstab';

Error Message: (after running systemctl restart openmediavault-engined.service)

Code
    Could not fetch a matching mount point from the provided fsname: 'srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataDisk03:media/85abc43f-81e6-4cb6-9d90-ca24c253c15c:srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataDisk04:media/f0f3379d-5651-495a-9cc0-2df8d4667ff7'.
    Code
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'Could not fetch a matching mount point from the provided fsname: 'srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataDisk03:media/85abc43f-81e6-4cb6-9d90-ca24c253c15c:srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataDisk04:media/f0f3379d-5651-495a-9cc0-2df8d4667ff7'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/mergerfs.inc:118 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/mergerfs.inc(61): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Mergerfs::fetchMountPointFromFstabByFsnameAndType('srv/dev-disk-by...', 'fuse.mergerfs') #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(894): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Mergerfs->getImpl('srv/dev-disk-by...') #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(86): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem::getImplByMountPoint('/srv/a67ecbf7-5...') #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->getCandidates(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getCandidates', Array, Array) #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'getCandidates', Array, Array, 1) #7 {main}