Beiträge von luckyzor

Hello,

I installed filebrowser and want to use my shared folder already in place.
    I have this error in the log:

/srv: permission denied

if I login with the user filebrowser (sudo -u filebrowser /bin/bash/) I have access to the folder: /srv/mergerfs/nas/

I don't understand why I have this error.

in the UI I got "You don't have permissions to access this."

thanks for your help

We didn't point you there because we didn't want to answer. Did you read and try the second post on the link I posted?

I've done everything on that post, is in my thread.
    The only thing I found was an warning in the log:

Code
    WARNING! Ignoring special 'block-device' file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-6dd5a9d3-7e22-40bc-99f9-c4ae68440b98/docker/volumes/backingFsBlockDev'
    Code
           1 file errors       
           0 io errors       
           0 data errors
    WARNING! Unexpected file errors!

the weird think is, I have 2 lock files but htere are no jobs running for snapraid, maybe this is the issue? :s

bumping a thread after 6 hours about something that isn't causing a problem? Be more patient.

Did you search google? I found a thread about this - https://sourceforge.net/p/snap…/1677233/thread/a31c49cc/

Sorry about that, but I saw on google that this could be because of a failing HD and I panic a little...
    this is the post I created, in case anyone here can help me:

https://sourceforge.net/p/snap…677233/thread/fdc3414ddc/

thank you

Hello,

I have this status on my snapraid:

he oldest block was scrubbed 141 days ago, the median 74, the newest 46.

WARNING! The array is NOT fully synced.
    You have a sync in progress at 99%.
    The 41% of the array is not scrubbed.
    You have 35 files with zero sub-second timestamp.
    Run the 'touch' command to set it to a not zero value.
    No rehash is in progress or needed.
    No error detected.

END OF LINE

I've already restart OMV and still have this status, how can I finish this sync and start a new one?

There is no need to format the disk and lose all the data. Use the tune2fs program.

https://ma.ttias.be/change-res…t3-ext4-filesystem-linux/

I'm using XFS.

I deleted some files (500GB) I don't need anymore and the sync worked out.

now my 2nd question:

Concerning the snapRAID, what are the best cronjobs to be sure everything is ok on SNAPRAID

is this script working on OMV6?

Externer Inhalt gist.github.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Not sure what the answer to that question is but this is from the SnapRAID manual:

In Linux, to get more space for the parity, it's recommended to format the parity file-system with the -m 0 -T largefile4 options. Like:

Code
    mkfs.ext4 -m 0 -T largefile4 DEVICE

On a 8 TB disk you can save about 400 GB. This is also expected to be as fast as the default, if not faster.

if I do that the parity disk will be formated, no risk of losing any data?

The requirement for the size of a parity drive is actually a bit more than the size of the largest data drive in the array. The first thing to try is to be sure you don't have the standard 5% of the drive space set aside as reserved blocks. I don't know if OMV formats drives with the 5% reserved or not but you can check and see.

how can I check that?

Hello,

I have this config on snapRAID:

3 x 4 TB for data

1 x 4 TB for parity

status of the filesystem:

When running the sync on snapRAID I got: outofparity disk space

Code
    Self test...
    Loading state from /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-33b0457f-fc58-43c6-817b-42e1320157ec/snapraid.content...
    Scanning disk data1...
    Scanning disk data2...
    Scanning disk data3...
    WARNING! Ignoring special 'block-device' file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-6dd5a9d3-7e22-40bc-99f9-c4ae68440b98/docker/volumes/backingFsBlockDev'
    Using 1094 MiB of memory for the file-system.
    Initializing...
    Resizing...
    Failed to allocate all the required parity space. You miss 99209183232 bytes.

Should I delete the snapraid.parity file and resync again?

Concerning the snapRAID, what are the best cronjobs to be sure everything is ok on SNAPRAID because I have this on the snaRAID status:

thank you for your help

can you explain in words, what you are trying to achieve?

So I have a directory with all my stuff (data) inside I have multiple folders which I want to give access to some users, but I don't want to all of users have access to all the folders inside "data" only some folders.

For example the user ivan can have access to everything inside "data", but the user media, only can have access to the media folder inside "data".

Is it possible?

I really don't understand how the permissions work.
    I've already checked the manual for the permissions but I can't do what I want (maybe is not possible)

so I reset all the permissions and ACLs (with the plugin for that)

I deleted all users and I've just created 2 users:

I've created a Sharefolder data

and added the share folder to SMB:

As I understood the permissions, If in the privileges I put "no access" to an user/group, in the SMB share the user shouldn't have access to the share.

Thank you for your help