Beiträge von fl2003

Part 4:

Part 3:

Part 2:

It is too long for one post. So here is part 1:

Hey guys,

I have installed OMV with a NFS server on a SSD. The share is on the SSD. Here I have the following problem:

When I access the share with a client (Windows 10 or DVB Receiver), the share hangs. Windows Task Manager shows "No response". It is similar to when I access a hard drive in Windows and it has to wake up first. After about 5 seconds the share is accessible.

This hang is not acceptable for me, because I record TV programs with my DVB receiver. If I now record a program and I start another recording during this program, it comes to this hang. Both recordings are then damaged at this point.

Here's what else I've noticed. Maybe it helps with troubleshooting?

When I manually spindown the HDD via hdparm -y and it comes up again it stays up.

If I manually put the drive into spindown and then it wakes up again, it stays awake. It no longer goes into spindown.

But if I then read the hard disk information and status via hdparm -I and hdparm -C, it goes into spindown after a short time. Strange, isn't it?

I have the same problem: no auto spindown on fresh OMV6. Is there already a solution?

Code
    root@OMV:~# cat /etc/hdparm.conf
    # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HD103SI_S1Y5J9CZ109589 {
    apm = 127
    spindown_time = 240
    write_cache = off
    }