Beiträge von alex_201

Hi everyone,

I m having an issue with my shared folder. Whenever I try to upload a larger file like a movie to my shared folder it says " There is not enough space on shared folder... you need an additional 99 GB to copy these files.

I can assure you that my storage is 18TB

I use it with raspberry pi

What is the reason for this issue?

Thank you

Are you still around? could you tell me if I have to install a virtual machine on any linux and then just plug in the external hard drive and perform that shut down is still valid?

I just came back with a positive update.

So the fix is 64bit raspberry pi os arm64...

I managed to wipe it in omv quick with no errors , create in omv with no errors and succsefully trasnfering files at a decent speed.

32bit it's still remains a mystery for why it did work initially or my friend external hard drives haves some specific things or his raspbery pi is different...

Thank you for your support . I have donated 5 Euros to OMV

good people with good knowledge are here

I have came here to ask for help.. as I have made this work with 4x 8tb external drive using the same settings and the same raspberry pi image... I wanted to understand why would it work the same way. I am happy to get answers as I am probably not very skilled on behind scenes work.

Thank for your answers. Good experience says more.

the description is mainly here and it is installed on my

raspberry pi:

Linux raspberrypi 5.15.84-v7l+ #1613 SMP Thu Jan 5 12:01:26 GMT 2023 armv7l GNU/Linux

throttled=0x0

The backup GPT table is corrupt, but the primary appears OK, so that will be used.

Disk /dev/sda: 16.37 TiB, 18000207937024 bytes, 35156656127 sectors

/dev/sda1 2048 35156656093 35156654046 16.4T Linux filesystem

/dev/mmcblk0p1: LABEL_FATBOOT="boot" LABEL="boot" UUID="AE82-4BC1" BLOCK_SIZE="512" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="145dedf0-01"

/dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="rootfs" UUID="6d2ff93e-eacd-415c-96d5-4611ad21e05f" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="145dedf0-02"

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT

sda 8:0 0 16.4T 0 disk

└─sda1 8:1 0 16.4T 0 part

mmcblk0 179:0 0 29.7G 0 disk

├─mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 256M 0 part /boot

└─mmcblk0p2 179:2 0 29.5G 0 part /

Thank you

Hi,

I have formatted it to ext4 and then added it back to omv, The problem is that I can't create or mount even if it shows on disks. I probably going to start to do a secure clean on OMV because the quick one still gives me an error when I try to create... I don't know what else I can do.

the error when I try create after a quick clean : Partition table header claims that the size of partition table entries is 0 bytes, but this program supports only 128-byte entries....

Thank you for you reply Raul

Hi,

I have a raspberry pi with omv setup. The issue is that on my 16 TB hard drive if I upload from my computer to the network folder it will drop to 0kb and then I temporarily lose connection to my NAS but the connection recovers in a few minutes. I have done the settings as they should be and followed instructions from different websites.

The idea is that I have set up my other 2 TB SATA the same way and it works perfectly.

I have changed the hard drive to another one, I have used a different raspberry pi, and I have reinstalled everything over and over and keep gettings the same issue, not with my 2 TB

Some tutorials say after mounting the drive you should not apply the settings yet and do it after you do the shared folder... in my case that is not possible so I must apply the settings soon after mounting... not sure if this cause the issue.

Could anyone advise on this issue, please?