Beiträge von MultiUser

I get a "500 Internal Server Error" when I try to apply a NUT/UPS config to enable UPS monitoring.

I have used the default settings and simply changed it to enabled.

Then when i try to apply the settings it gives me this error.

The log is huge BTW. This is just the clip from the first couple of lines:

Code
    500 - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run --no-color nut 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:

I have used it in its default config with this UPS before. On OMV5 it worked just fine. Also on TrueNAS scale it worked just fine. I dont understand why I would be getting an error now.

I do have a raid rebuilding in the background. would that be an issue?

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but I've implemented a patched together sort of cache for my media using mergerfs and a nightly scheduled script.

This is cool, I just wish it were a little more streamlined. And I would still have many questions for you like how you get the file paths to line up and all that nitty gritty stuff. I can appreciate what you have done though. Well done. I might try it when I get a bit of free time to play with one of my systems.

I literally turned my computer inside out trying to figure this out. I reset DNSs and Routers and IPs Etc... Reboots and More.

Some how at the end of it all it came down to either one of those things or the "s" at the end of http"s"://. in my quick links.

Not sure how the "s" got in there, but it sure did mess up my day.

So i see this when I run RSync, just wondering if there is an easy fix and do I need to fix it.

What am I seeing? Times not getting set, and files/attrs not transferred. Is this the same thing or two issues?

Code
    Please wait, syncing </srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-c8cc65ab-5a54-46c2-b62b-123456789012/NAS_Disk1/DISK1/> to <admin@192.168.123.123::DISK1> ...
    sending incremental file list
    rsync: [generator] failed to set times on "200 - CONFIGS & OSes/FILE PLAN/FILES" (in DISK1): Operation not permitted (1)
    200 - CONFIGS & OSes/FILE PLAN/FILES/
    sent 3,048,988 bytes received 5,470 bytes 1,221,783.20 bytes/sec
    total size is 592,038,223,383 speedup is 193,827.59
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1333) [sender=3.2.3]
    ERROR: The synchronisation failed.

END OF LINE

My setup is like:

So even wierder is this. I have cleared all time data in chrome.

I CAN access the WEB GUI on firefox!

Chrome says:

Zitat

This site can’t be reached

10.XXX.XXX.XXX refused to connect.

Oh yeah, I have 2 other instances of OMV on different machines web GUIs up and running just fine in chrome

WTF am I missing here?

I can log in through putty, and I can access my HDD at the IP address. However I have no web GUI access.

I have tried to clear cookies.

I have done a restart through putty.

I have omv-firstaided in and reset to DHCP.

Still working with SSH/ Putty and HDD access with the IP Address.

I just cant get the WEB GUI to load up.

Any help please :?:

Hmm, compose OMV6 does not like you to comment your file as this causes errors when you place comments in a section... like in between commands.

Don't have this behaviour when using a yaml file with docker compose or portainer.

Im new to the forums .. how do you make the nice box around the code , the "codebox" i guess its called?

how do you use the </> symbol?

Please sweet baby Jesus Add SSD Cache some how.

Like BCache or just do something similar to some other NAS software OSes with a SSD or set of SSDs for the write cache then somehow it transfers (movers) that data to the HDDs either on the fly, or at some designated time later. Preferably on the fly though. Make it where the SSD size is the only limitation where:

OPTION1:

PC writes to SSDs and at the same time the SSDs start transferring the data to spinning HDDs, as to not run out of SSD space (at least for a while) since some data is getting dumped to the HDDs on the fly.

But considering the price per SSD TB is only around $50-$60 (currently), having 2x 1TB SSDs is within most peoples budget.

Hypothetically, they could write around 500MB/s each, so around 1000MB/s which is approaching 10Gb ethernet speeds. (I know that there would be overhead and if it is also writing on the fly that 1000MB/s is unreasonable. But for arguments sake, lets say you get 1/2 or 3/4 of that. you would still be looking at 500-750 MB/s which sure beats the heck out of 1GbE and single HDD speeds of around (a Maximum) 130MB/s that I usually see on OMV.

And if you could add a 3rd or 4th SSD to the Cache (bringing the price point up to around $200 for those of you playing along with 4x 1TB SSD drives), I dont see why it is unreasonable to get 10Gb Ethernet speeds even with the overhead that comes along with RAID, combined drive writes, offloading data, etc..

OR

OPTION2:

In a similar scenario Just make it where the SSDs get written to from, IDK, say FROM your PCs SSD and TO the OMV SSDs (2-4TB depending on the Examples above). THEN AFTER the write is completed, the OMV SSDs offload the data to your OMV spinning drive HDDs (that I am assuming would have a higher capacity than your SSD Cache. lol... )

I mean scale this however you want to... like 1-4TB SSDs for data hoarders like me with tens of TBs available on HDDs. Or scale it down to a couple 256GB SSDs for like less than $40 for people who only have maybe 8-16TB of HDD storage total.

Either way,

Someone with 8-16TB of HDD storage wont likely be writing >500GB+ files at once.

Just as data hoarders like myself wouldn't likely be writing >4TB+ files at once.(Like as in the 4TB SSD cache example)

The math checks out in my head. lol

OF course this is all just hypothetical at this point, but it sure would be a nice feature that would set OMV7 ON the level OR ABOVE the level of the other NAS OSes.

Im not too worried about a read cache setup, but if that could be implemented somehow, that would be cool also.

My thought is to just have your SSD cache keep recent and commonly accessed files ready to access.

ALSO,

Please make the RAID interface a little more robust and user friendly/ intuitive. I feel like it lacks some options that could be in it ... like setting the time for scrubs or backup/repair/pairity drives, or creating hotswaps, or creating a repair/parity drive so if you do lose a drive, you will have one to just swap out in its place real quick and it would be ready to go already. Im not a RAID expert by any means and have barely used the feature, but from what I have seen in other NAS OSes, it just seems like the RAID section on OMV is a little weak. I could be completely wrong though. And all those features might already be available or available from the CLI. But I would love to avoid the CLI where possible.

Combine an upgraded RAID feature set with SSD Cache and you have a mean combination.

That is my two cents, no need to comment back any negative words.

I just thought I could weigh in here.

Oh, and I tried my best to keep the units correct. (sorry if I missed one)

IE. MB = MegaByte, Gb = Gigabit ... etc...

Thanks all.

Its wierd, I get a disconnect error, but if I refresh the plugins screen by going to another screen then back to the plugins screen. Most of the time the plugin is actually installed. Is this a bug or what?

ok The issue is back... can someone tell me why this is happening?

This is happening when I try to install plugins.

"

Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer

OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:172

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call()

#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()

#2 {main}

"

You have an DNS issue. If you are using a fixed IP, add a DNS server (e.g. the IP of your router and 1.0.0.1) in the network settings field. As an alternative switch to DHCP.

Great! That fixed the issue on two of my machines. Thanks so much.

However on my third machine I am getting this error now:

"

Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer

OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:172

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call()

#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()

#2 {main}

"

Any idea why?

Thanks again for the DNS solution!

The message that would normally pop up during a plugin install just says:

"

</>Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...

** CONNECTION LOST **</>

"

The log file is something like::

"

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-resetperms 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

The following NEW packages will be installed:

openmediavault-resetperms

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 7340 B of archives.

After this operation, 52.2 kB of additional disk space will be used.

Err:1 https://openmediavault-plugin-…github.io/packages/debian shaitan/main amd64 openmediavault-resetperms all 6.0.3

Could not resolve 'openmediavault-plugin-developers.github.io'

E: Failed to fetch https://openmediavault-plugin-…-resetperms_6.0.3_all.deb Could not resolve 'openmediavault-plugin-developers.github.io'

E: Internal Error, ordering was unable to handle the media swap

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-resetperms 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

The following NEW packages will be installed:

openmediavault-resetperms

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 7340 B of archives.

After this operation, 52.2 kB of additional disk space will be used.

Err:1 https://openmediavault-plugin-…github.io/packages/debian shaitan/main amd64 openmediavault-resetperms all 6.0.3

Could not resolve 'openmediavault-plugin-developers.github.io'

E: Failed to fetch https://openmediavault-plugin-…-resetperms_6.0.3_all.deb Could not resolve 'openmediavault-plugin-developers.github.io'

E: Internal Error, ordering was unable to handle the media swap in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc:247

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(619): Engined\Rpc\PluginMgmt->Engined\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus4O...', '/tmp/bgoutputU2...')

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc(251): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\PluginMgmt->install(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('install', Array, Array)

#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Plugin', 'install', Array, Array, 1)

#6 {main}

"

All I can take from that is the line that says "Could not resolve 'openmediavault-plugin-developers.github.io'" so I am wondering is that site not working or is there an issue with my system.

Any advice would be helpful.

I was able to pull the plugin on two other machines last night... but the same error kept coming up off and on.

Any idea why this intermittent issue would be on multiple machines in my network?

All my updates otherwise are up to date and everything seems to be running fine except the omv-extras and plugins. Im lost.

Oh forgot to mention I am also trying to pull the flash media plugin also with errors.

Thanks In Advance

-MU