Beiträge von MXM_7

Everything is clear now that my mistake :

The merged pools is called Films and the shared folder also called Films that why I ended with /Films/Films as the path of my share. Thank you :d I feel so stupid '2 days to figure that out lol )

I created A merged pool for each of my share/ I got a bunch of 2.5 drives with each 5To and I wanted to seperate data to keep important stuf under a regular RAID and the rest on a mergerfs pool and if I loose one the disk I can still retrieve that not very important data later. What I liked is the easyness of expanding/replacing any disk at any time.

Moving the data was easy to be honest it the same disk just changed them from the root directory to a sub directory that I noticed the sub directory was created after mergerfs setup on the first disk on the pool. I even added that directories to all disk of the pool seperatly and manually with mkdir. again thank you for interest in this. I really like OMV have just to test a little bit more. 5by the way I made a small donation hope it help!)

That was probably a mistake creating the shared folder path. If you use the tree on the right in the build GUI you can avoid errors like this.

Probably, but I didn't figure ou the mistake that led to me this , just wanted to share the solution in case someone that have the same issue wit the same screen at least can unlock him self. But I'm agree the root cause are somwere else. Will post again if I found what was wrong. Thank you for tacking time reading my post.

Will answer my self if it may help few people ou there (or may be not, has I'm probably the only noob that don't read correctly the outcome of the ls command)

So just had to cd to the disk where the previous files where and it apears that eveen if you don't added any directory on the merged pool at the root of the disk mergerfs create a directory with the name of the pool at the root of the disk.

So I juste had to dive (open) the directory (mount point) of the disk that was containing data before the merge and move all the data (directories and files) to the directory with the name of the merged pool that I didn't see the first and then I can see all my files on the SMB share.

So for example my merged pool moint point was /srv/mergerfs/Films and I had to move my files to /srv/mergerfs/Films/Films

Hope it help

Hello Everyone,

I would like first to thank all the communities for it's tremendous work on this great tools that OMV is!

I made a fresh install of OMV6 on a Minimal Debian 11 install (Because I'm using some recent hardware with I226 network Card that is not reconized with the default ISO of OMV6.

After the install everything is working great : I have 6 5To HardDrive EXT4 with some data that was mounted correctly by OMV (When I SSH from my windows PC and make and LS on each drive I see my files there (at the root of the drive).

I installed FilesViewer Pluggin and MergerFS from the OMV Extra

I have 2 issues:

- I created a Share on the first Drive where I have some date and I referenced that Share on the fileViewer and I don't see any files there ( Tat I still see by SSH whatever Using Normal User or Root on that drive with LS command)

- I created Merged mount of all my 5To Drives in mergerfs (Like Attached in OMV) and OMV show me clearly that the individual Drive is field with 5% of it's capacity and same for the merged pool)

I read the docuementation and tutorila in OMV Extra and on Trapxit GitHub but I'm probably missing something and your help would much appreciated.