Beiträge von NullIndent

If the path bothers you that much, just set symlinks. Set it and forget it.

I use a hot-swappable hard drive and using soft links creates some issues and unnecessary space usage.

I often persist the data of the docker container to the local disk, so a long path will cause trouble. Configuring the path I am accustomed to through config.xml can easily solve this problem, and at the same time, I can customize the naming to avoid entering the wrong path.

Hopefully the RPi 5 doesn't have this issues since it has basically been fixed with the RPi4.

The long-term shortage made me lose confidence in the Raspberry Pi, especially after I learned that Broadcom SOCs are manufactured by TSMC.

TSMC is currently undergoing drastic changes due to force majeure. I think this may affect quality and shipments. It may not have an impact, but I choose chips that can produce normally.

After experiencing a long-term shortage, I finally gave up on the Raspberry Pi and switched to other manufacturers with more abundant supplies. Waiting for supply was very painful and inefficient.

Microsoft has issued certifications for many Linux distributions, and Debian is among them, so Debian can use Secure Boot, but many Debian-based distributions cannot directly secure boot.

Although some older motherboards also support UEFI, the firmware they carry lacks Microsoft's key database, and they may not be able to boot.

user(owner of file)-group(many owners of files)-other

It can be roughly understood this way.

If you want to set permissions for an individual user, then only set the user.

If you want to set permissions for multiple users, add the users to the user group and then set the group.

If you want to set permissions for other users, then set other.

The server has two network interfaces, which are on different network segments.

eth0 is located on the 10.10.10.0/24 network segment, and eth1 is located on the 10.10.11.0/24 network segment.

All content can be accessed by the current two network cards.

For security reasons, I want to isolate the two network cards. The eth0 network card only passes the data of the host, and the eth1 network card only passes the data of the docker container.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

What the fuck kind of "Open Source" is that? I hope you're somehow making this up.

The author has identified the CC BY-NC-SA agreement. Don't ask me what the source of this string of characters is, I don't know. In short, this is an open source sharing agreement.

The agreement requires: Users need to follow the method specified by the creator and retain their name and source; users must not use this project for commercial purposes or use this project for profit;

According to the requirements of the agreement, users need to purchase the drawings for 0 money in the way specified by the author.

If you want to get the drawings, please go to this link: sz-jlc ,but registering an account is difficult.

Do you have any links or any info on which chipset it uses?

Due to the agreement, I cannot provide PCB drawings, and this open source platform does not accept foreigners to register accounts. However, this hard drive backplane does not have the chips required for data transmission, only 1 power module and 2 capacitors. Please search for the specific component model based on the picture.

I have been reading this thread for several months and wanted to know why someone would use an old nvidia graphics card on a linux system, because the support for older nvidia graphics cards on linux is very poor, and nvidia officially does not plan to update the drivers for older graphics cards.

If you want to use an nvidia graphics card on Linux, my suggestion is to use a 20 series or above model and switch the system to the new ubuntu. After all, nvidia officially has better support for ubuntu.

For daily use, it is more recommended to use AMD graphics cards or even Intel core graphics.

I have an orangepi 3B and am trying to expand more functions.

I used an open source hard disk cabinet backplane and connected it to the GPIO pin of orangepi3B through the reserved 5V output interface on the backplane to power orangepi3B. Of course, the backplane can also power the hard disk.

At the same time, I use a server CSPS power supply to provide 12V power supply to the hard disk cabinet backplane. For this purpose, I use an open source power conversion board.

But I have to find a driver for the SATA controller, which should be included in the normal Debian distribution, but not the Orange Pi version of Debian.

The SATA driver is integrated into the Linux kernel, so I think the problem is in the expansion board's conversion chip.

I have several servers.

1. HUAWEI TAISHAN 2280,It has two Kunpeng 920 CPUs with a total of 64 cores, 256GB of memory, and can plug in 12 hot-swappable hard drives.

2.DELL Precision T5810,It has an E5-2699v3 CPU, 64GB memory, and can plug in 4 hard drives.

3.HP MicroServer Gen8,It has an E3-1265lv2 CPU,16GB memory,and can plug in 4 hot-swappable hard drives.

I'm using omv on HP MicroServer gen8 because it's quiet enough and has enough performance,

I recently got an orangepi 3B development board, which has a Rockchip RK3566 CPU, 4GB memory, and 32GB emmc storage. The important thing is that it has a PCIE2.0 NVME M.2 slot, which can expand more than two sata interfaces , it should be very good to use as a low-power NAS, but I didn't find an armbian image.

This method has excellent security.