Beiträge von Zippi

Sorry if that's already been covered but is there any way to install AFP apple filing protocol on OMV6 or is it definitely dead?

Thanks in advance!

Zippi

Everything works!

I incorrectly mentioned TLS but I meant NTLM, sorry for the mistake, I didn't remember well.

Reading the post you linked to me if I understand correctly I can set SMB1 and "NTLM auth = yes" only on one folder but would I still lower the security level on the whole server?

It shouldn't be a big problem anyway because everything remains in my HomeLab network but I wanted to understand if it was possible.

Thanks again!

Zippi

Hello everyone, I'm trying to configure OMV to be able to read my files through an old media player O2 Media HMR 600 (LINK).

I created a Films folder on OMV and set the various permissions for a user. Meanwhile, to be able to see OMV inside the WORKGROUP I had to enable NETBIOS and add "server min protocol = NT1" in practice the old mediaplayer uses SAMBA 1 if I understand correctly. Now I can see OMV but when I try to access the Films folder (with user and password) it tells me access denied.

If it can help I remember that on another server with TRUENAS I always had to enable SAMBA 1 and also set TLS or something like that to version 1.0 or 1.1 I don't remember well and only in this way it let me access while lowering the security due to old protocols but for use home, there should be no problems. Is there anything else I can try or set up to be able to access my Films folder?

Thanks in advance!

Zippi

Hi tiste, excuse me for the reply's delay.......
    Yes, i've read that and i know that there is a speed limit for the PCI-e slot but is not a problem.
    i found many cards that apparently can works but i wanted to be sure not to waste my money.
    I just want to add a second block of 4 Raid5 HDD to the first one so finally i would have 2 volume in raid 5 with 4 HDD each one.
    I'll be back with some links to hear your opinion about.......

Cheers

Zippi.

Hi, i have a E350M1 motherboard with 4 sata 3 ports and works good.
    Now i wish to add a 4 port pci-e sata 3 card. What type or brand can i buy that works out of the box?

Thx in advance!

Zippi.

fyi - zippi, the whole reason i built a new system was, i couldn't install 0.5x.
    It kept crashing part way through the CD install and i couldn't get USB Stick to boot on that system.

I built a new system from scratch and used USB Stick for installing. It is also true, i built the system with only system drive, configured everything in the base system and then installed the data drive.

Yes, with an old previously system i had the same problem.
    Then i went in BIOS to disable SERIAL PORT and all was OK!

Now i don't have here an HDD then i tried with a USB 8Gb pendrive
    I prepared in ext4 and then i mounted it.
    NOW MY SYSLOG IS CLEAN !!!!! 8o

SO THANX A LOT TO TEKKB, SUBZERO79, DUDU371 AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO HELPED ME! :)

I'M REALLY GLAD!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

If i choose english language ALL IS WELL !!!!! :thumbup:
    Now i have done a clean installation of OMV 1.0.20 from CD on Kingston SSD 128Gb and all is OK 8o
    After installation i have english language and i don't see were can i change that but doesn't matter.
    I make all the update that the system give me and now i have OMV 1.0.29 installed in italian language automatically!
    It seems all OK, the only doubt i have is in the SYSLOG because continues to generate this:

Is this normal or not????

Thanx on advance!

The memory module is ok, in fact when i install OMV 0.5.48 from CD is all OK.
    i know that isn't ECC but i use ext 4 not zfs filesystem.
    Then when i install OMV 1.0.20 on top ( after upgrade to 0.5.60 ) the system is ok and i don't know why.
    Like i said yesterday if i make a clean installation in the end is:

Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc /proc

The program debootstrap is ended with an error ( 1 )
    control /var/log/syslog or virtual console 4 for details
    The installation of base system in /target/ failed

Thanx a lot for your help !

Thank you gwaitsi.
    I tried a second attempt with OMV 0.5.60 first and then an upgrade via CLI directly and i went in goal.
    I don't know why, i'd like to do a clean installation of OMV 1.0.20 but i don't know how can i do.

Zippi.

Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc /proc

The program debootstrap is ended with an error ( 1 )
    control /var/log/syslog or virtual console 4 for details
    The installation of base system in /target/ failed

This is what i receive if i try to do a clean installation of OMV 1.0.20 amd64 on E350M1 motherboard.
    Excuse me for my bad translation from italian.....sorry :)

Thanx in advance.

Zippi.