Beiträge von davidalcon

Hello,

I have installed raspbian 64 bits without desktop through the official imager software, I have installed OMV7, with this commands:

sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

and accessing the web interface to configure it. When I configure it, I have installed a plugin, I have added the disks, I have shared folders and when I want to use it I only get about 3MB/s.

I attach an image with the current information of the system and the smb config:

SMB Extra Options config:

dead time = 15

getwd cache = yes

local master = yes

max xmit = 65535

min receivefile size = 16384

null passwords = yes

preferred master = yes

read raw = yes

socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536

write cache size = 524288

write raw = yes

I want it for a home environment and to try it and "play" with this enviroment, it is true that after reading more, it is more interesting to make a backup with Rsync or similar.

I have it practically up and running, the RPI5 8GB, with two 4TB WesternDigital USB drives, backing up with rsync, docker installed with some docker running, but when sharing folders through smb I don't get speeds higher than 3MB/s, is this normal? ? Can I improve it? I've been reading and you can adjust the settings through the extra SMB options, but I can't improve it. Any advice?

Hello,

I have tried different configurations of extra SMB options in OMV7 with RPI5 and I cannot improve the speed of file transfer over the network to more than 3MB/s.

Any recommendations or advice?

I'm using RPI5 and OMV7, checking if your settings improve the performance.

socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536read raw = yes

write raw = yes

max xmit = 65535

dead time = 15

getwd cache = yes

# Optionnal:

min protocol = smb2

# Not required (already applied):

log level = 1

# doguibnu member added seetings definition in his post.

Still works with a very low transfer speed, 1.5MB/s

Thanks.

Thanks ryecoaaron.

so my options are:

- Buy a 5A 27W power supply. I'm looking at them now. I think that in my case it is the best option. (seeking that the complete system has a reduced size)

- Buy a USB hub with an external power supply. Why is it the best way? From what I've been seeing they are quite large, or can you recommend one that works well and is small?

- Switch to a solution with MiniPC that provides better performance. If the consumption is similar, in the end for a "similar" price everything comes assembled.

Thanks again and for the quick response.

Hello,

I've been messing around with the Raspberry Pi and several Western Digital 2.5" external drives for a few months to try to build my own NAS.

I have been testing with previous versions of RPI (RPI2 and RPI3) and the truth is that I was very happy. I have decided to set it up well with RPI5 8GB and two 4TB Western Digital 2.5" HDDs.

I configure the RPI5 with 64-bit Raspbian without a desktop

I deploy and configure OMV6 with some basic parameters

When I connect the 2.5" HDDs, WD does not recognize them, any other smaller USB does, but not the hard drives that I want to configure to mount a RAID.

I've been reading and it seems it's because of the power. Has it happened to anyone? How did you solve it?

I have been reading several options:

Modify the RPI5 configuration via command line so that more power reaches the USBs

Buy a USB hub with external power supply

Switch to a solution with MiniPC that provides better performance although it consumes more than an RPI.

Thanks for your help

Hello,

When trying to install docker on openmediavault Version 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan), I have installed omv-extras (Docker repo) and the openmediavault-compose 6.11.1 plugin, when configuring the compose service, with the shared folders you create, I get the next error, can you help me?

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run compose': debian:

Data failed to compile:

----------

Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.compose.10compose' failed: Jinja error: fsname: Failed to match exactly one schema.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/templates.py", line 477, in render_jinja_tmpl

output = template.render(**decoded_context)

---

[...]

# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License

# along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

{% set config = salt['omv_conf.get']('conf.service.compose') %}

{% if config.sharedfolderref | length > 0 %}

{% set sfpath = salt['omv_conf.get_sharedfolder_path'](config.sharedfolderref).rstrip('/') %} <======================

{% set datapath = "" %}

{% if config.datasharedfolderref | string | length > 1 %}

{% set datapath = salt['omv_conf.get_sharedfolder_path'](config.datasharedfolderref).rstrip('/') %}

{% if not salt['file.directory_exists'](datapath) %}

{% set datapath = "" %}

[...]

---

----------

Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.compose.20dockerfile' failed: Jinja error: fsname: Failed to match exactly one schema.

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/templates.py", line 477, in render_jinja_tmpl

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1090, in render

self.environment.handle_exception()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832, in handle_exception

reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source))

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 28, in reraise

raise value.with_traceback(tb)

File "<template>", line 20, in top-level template code

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py", line 465, in call

return __context.call(__obj, *args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader/lazy.py", line 149, in __call__

return self.loader.run(run_func, *args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader/lazy.py", line 1234, in run

return self._last_context.run(self._run_as, _func_or_method, *args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader/lazy.py", line 1249, in _run_as

return _func_or_method(*args, **kwargs)

File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/modules/omv_conf.py", line 121, in get_sharedfolder_path

mp_obj = get('conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint', sf_obj['mntentref'])

File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/modules/omv_conf.py", line 41, in get

objs = db.get(id_, identifier)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 85, in get

query.execute()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 735, in execute

self._response = self._elements_to_object(elements)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 481, in _elements_to_object

obj.validate()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/object.py", line 236, in validate

self.model.validate(self.get_dict())

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/datamodel.py", line 202, in validate

self.schema.validate(data)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 175, in validate

self._validate_type(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 230, in _validate_type

raise last_exception

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 201, in _validate_type

self._validate_object(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 306, in _validate_object

self._check_properties(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 521, in _check_properties

self._validate_type(value[propk], propv, path)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 230, in _validate_type

raise last_exception

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 210, in _validate_type

self._validate_string(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 286, in _validate_string

self._check_one_of(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 570, in _check_one_of

raise SchemaValidationException(

openmediavault.json.schema.SchemaValidationException: fsname: Failed to match exactly one schema.

; line 20

---

[...]

{% set sfpath = salt['omv_conf.get_sharedfolder_path'](config.sharedfolderref).rstrip('/') %} <======================

{% for file in config.dockerfiles.dockerfile %}

{% set dockerfileDir = sfpath ~ '/' ~ file.name %}

{% set dockerFile = dockerfileDir ~ '/Dockerfile' %}

[...]

---

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run compose': debian:

Data failed to compile:

----------

Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.compose.10compose' failed: Jinja error: fsname: Failed to match exactly one schema.

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1090, in render

self.environment.handle_exception()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832, in handle_exception

reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source))

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 28, in reraise

raise value.with_traceback(tb)

File "<template>", line 20, in top-level template code

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py", line 465, in call

return __context.call(__obj, *args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader/lazy.py", line 149, in __call__

return self.loader.run(run_func, *args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader/lazy.py", line 1234, in run

return self._last_context.run(self._run_as, _func_or_method, *args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader/lazy.py", line 1249, in _run_as

return _func_or_method(*args, **kwargs)

File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/modules/omv_conf.py", line 121, in get_sharedfolder_path

mp_obj = get('conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint', sf_obj['mntentref'])

File "/var/cache/salt/minion/extmods/modules/omv_conf.py", line 41, in get

objs = db.get(id_, identifier)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 85, in get

query.execute()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/config/database.py", line 735, in execute

self._response = self._elements_to_object(elements)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 210, in _validate_type

self._validate_string(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 286, in _validate_string

self._check_one_of(value, schema, name)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/json/schema.py", line 570, in _check_one_of

raise SchemaValidationException(

openmediavault.json.schema.SchemaValidationException: fsname: Failed to match exactly one schema.

; line 20

---

[...]

{% for file in config.dockerfiles.dockerfile %}

{% set dockerfileDir = sfpath ~ '/' ~ file.name %}

{% set dockerFile = dockerfileDir ~ '/Dockerfile' %}

[...]

---

in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/compose.inc:250

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(620): OMVRpcServiceCompose->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusbA...', '/tmp/bgoutputZI...')

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/compose.inc(254): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCompose->reinstallDocker(NULL, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('reinstallDocker', NULL, Array)

#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Compose', 'reinstallDocker', NULL, Array, 1)

#6 {main}