Posts by pplucky

Hello TheFax.

Now that I have finished the installation of my new OMV 5.x on an RPi4 as host, I was considering "building" an interface to read data from my HA system (I currently have a few settings being sent from bash scripts via MQTT).

Would you be willing to provide more details on how you did it on hass.io? If you think this is out of scope for this forum, can you contact me directly?

I'd like to have HD free space, temperatures, need to go through the RPC methods' info provided by ryecoaaron above.

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

Hello all.

I currently am trying to run a bash script out of a php file I added manually to folder /var/www/openmediavault.

Script is executed with user openmediavault, but some sudo mount lines are not executed properly.

I know this is a security risk, but there should be no external exposure to my OMV, so I'd really like to be able to put this to work.

As of now, I already added user openemediavault to group 'users' in file /etc/group (to allow it to write a log file within the bash script), and also added the following line to visudo:

openmediavault ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /bin/mount /bin/umount /sbin/mount.davfs /sbin/mount.nfs /sbin/umount.davfs /sbin/umount.nfs

This didn't work, as WebDav and NFS drives are not mounted as it should, unless I would add the following line to visudo (which I would prefer not to):

openmediavault ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

I would rather give the user access only to what is required to be done in the bash script, but I don't know what else may be missing.

Also tried running the following command, but no output is given:
    sudo su openmediavault -c "/path_to_script/backup-flashair.sh"

Any ideas?

Currently running OpenMediaVault 2.1.18 on a Raspberry Pi 2.

You're right, sorry about that.

Initial backup from SD card to file done with command:
    sudo dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=path_and_image_filename.img

Restore from initial backup to new SD card (same size/brand/etc):
    sudo dd if=path_and_image_filename.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

No errors occur during the execution of any of the above commands and I always unmount the SD cards before removing it from the card reader.

This is how far the boot process goes when booting RPi2 from new SD card (restored from image, as per above command):

Hello.

My offline backup method for OMV is done by shutting down the RPi, removing the SD card, doing a full DD (all partitions) to an image file (in a Linux Mint installation).

When trying to restore, by doing DD again from the image file to a new SD card, I can never get the system to boot properly, it complains of an issue in one of the partitions.

If I do the same exact DD command but directly from an SD card to a new SD card (same size, brand, etc), I can properly boot from the new SD card.

Any reason why the dd to image and image to new SD card would not work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello.

I have recently noticed that one of the 2 Hard Drives connected via USB to my Raspberry PI 2 running OMV 1.14, simply doesn't mount by itself.

I already had my SD card system partition full due to the drive not being mounted while running an rsync backup, so I needed to write down a bash script to make sure all connected hard drives are properly mounted before actually starting the rsync backup.

Still then, considering that the hard drive is declared properly in /etc/fstab and that it mounts properly if I run 'mount -a' via CLI, why doesn't it mount automatically when I reboot my system?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Found myself the answer here: Could't login to OMV

I think my rsync Jobs were copying data to a mountpoint folder in the SD Card in which nothing was mounted properly at the time, so the copy was actually being done to the SD Card rather than the drive that should be mounted and was not.

Hello.

Don't know exactly why, but suddendly without any apparent reason, I lost access to my OpenMediaVault via WebGui.

I can access via SSH and cron-scheduled scripts seem to be running properly. Only thing is I cannot access via WebGui and no error message shown. After putting user and pass, Loading appears and then login page again.

Already tried changing password via omv-firstaid and the result is the same.
    As this is not the first time it happens to me (had to reinstall from scratch at the time), would like to know what may be happening with my system. Can anyone help?

OpenMediaVault version is 1.13 (not 100% sure), running on a Raspberry Pi2.

Thanks in advance.