Beiträge von bta489

Hi there,

I was wondering, what is the intended way to deal with long running commands in the webGUI (several hours, like a snapraid sync for example). When initiaiting such a command from the webGUI, a new window opens that shows the output of that command. Is it the only way to leave this window open till the command finishes, or is there a way to close the webGUI and later log back in and check the progress? Is the command output written to a file somewhere I could check via SSH?

I found that closing the browser-tab does not necessarily terminate the running command, but when logging back in, there is no indication whatsoever that (or if) something is still running or what the result was. Is there any mechanism to restore those windows opened by a command?

Am I doing something wrong, or is that just the way it is?

I don't have any other browser installed. So no, IE and FF are the only browsers I tested.

In the meantime I updated to OMV 2.1.2 (since I saw it existed in ryecoaaron's signature :) ), but the problem persists. I deactivated all add-ons in FF and tried starting it in safe-mode, but still all I see is white.

I just installed the links plugin, but I'm not sure what it is for ?( Doesn't it create links inside of the Web-GUI ? How does it help accessing it? Could you explain this in a little more detail, please?

However, I just created a link with the following settings: No preset selected, name "TEST" in group "TESTGROUP", entered the IP of my NAS as the URL and checked the media tab, but with no effect.

I did, but the result was the same. As mentioned earlier I cleared the
    Firefox cache several times, had several reboots, Adblock is deactivated
    for that IP, NoScript deactivated, Cookies are allowed, Firefox and all
    PlugIns have been updated.

I found this thread of a similar problem and opened the console and got the following JavaScript exceptions:

Zitat

- TypeError: a is null
    - Die Zeichenkodierung eines Dokuments im Frame wurde nicht deklariert. Das Dokument kann unterschiedlich aussehen, wenn es ohne das umgebende Frame-Dokument angesehen wird.
    - getPreventDefault() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen defaultPrevented.

the second and third one (for those of you who can't read german) roughly translated into english:

Zitat

- "the character encoding of one of the documents in this frame was not declared. The document might look different when viewed without the surrounding frame-document"
    and
    - "getPreventDefault() shouldn't be used anymore. use defaultPrevented instead."

But I suppose "a" (whatever it is :) ) is the bad guy and shouldn't be Null.

Hi,

I recently updated to v2.1.1 and since then I can't access the Web-GUI via Firefox. Firefox and all Plug-Ins are the latest version. Usually I see just a plain white page, occasionally (I can't figure out any rule, though) I see the login screen. But after putting in my credentials and trying to log in it's back to the blank white screen. I whitelisted the IP in every possibly restrictive Firefox-Plugin I use (AdBlock, NoScript etc., although it worked perfectly before with OMV v1.19). I tried this and I cleared the Firefox-cache but no change.

With Internet Explorer there is no problem whatsoever, SSH also works without any problems.

Hi there,

I'm having a little trouble with the Mediabrowser-Plugin. I tested the server on my Windows-PC and liked the results. So I want to include it in my little Homeserver (a Banana Pro). Being an absolute beginner in terms of Linux I managed to get OMV, SMB-shares and miniDLNA to work. But no matter what I try, the MB-Plugin just won't work.
    The Plugin itself can be installed, but with errors:

After that the Plugin is listed in Plugins, but everytime I try to activate it I get the following error message:

I can't make any sense if this. Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Is the MB-Plugin incompatible with the BananaPro? May this be the problem? I guessed that when OMV is working the plugins should as well...