Posts by gderf

I don't have a Pi, but I did delete the OMV installed swap partition ages ago (beginning with OMV 2) and reconfigured to use a swapfile on one of my data drives. I set this up by hand though. But since I don't need swap I have it currently disabled.

How To Use A Swap File Instead Of A Swap Partition On Linux
    This article explains how to transition from having a swap partition to a swap file. If you don't need to disable any existing swap partition and all you need…
    www.linuxuprising.com

So when setting up mergerfs, if the balancer is to used, do you think a solution would be to turn the quota service off and remove aquota.* files?

Well, if you don't use quotas, the should work. However, the mergerfs.balance tool has an EXCLUDE filter, so I would try that first. No idea if the OMV webGUI can make use of it though.

It looks like the balancer is trying to move an aquota.user file from one drive to another. This is not allowed no matter how it is attempted because the aquota.* files have their immutable bits set (which is proper).

Initializing a RAID array is a lengthy process, much, much longer than formatting a single hard drive.

Posting links to Youtube videos is not useful. Few if any here will watch them especially when you state a use case different from the video.

I have SATA drives from 3TB to 14TB in my system and it has never taken more than ten or so minutes to create an ext4 filesystem. I am not performing a secure erase on the drives when formatting. In the GUI it shows progress as an increasingly longer list of created inodes.

I am not using RAID and have no idea how long it takes to initialize an array or resilver a replacement drive.

sudo shutdown -h now powers my systems off.

Never tried it with -P.

Edit:

From the man page:

NAME

shutdown - Halt, power-off or reboot the machine

SYNOPSIS

shutdown [OPTIONS...] [TIME] [WALL...]

DESCRIPTION

shutdown may be used to halt, power-off or reboot the machine.

The first argument may be a time string (which is usually "now"). Optionally, this may be followed by a wall message to be sent to all logged-in users before going down.

The time string may either be in the format "hh:mm" for hour/minutes specifying the time to execute the shutdown at, specified in 24h clock format.

Alternatively it may be in the syntax "+m" referring to the specified number of minutes m from now. "now" is an alias for "+0", i.e. for triggering an immediate shutdown. If no time argument is specified, "+1" is implied.

Note that to specify a wall message you must specify a time argument, too.

If the time argument is used, 5 minutes before the system goes down the /run/nologin file is created to ensure that further logins shall not be allowed.

OPTIONS

The following options are understood:

--help

Print a short help text and exit.

-H, --halt

Halt the machine.

-P, --poweroff

Power-off the machine (the default).

-r, --reboot

Reboot the machine.

-h

Equivalent to --poweroff, unless --halt is specified.

compose file I used

You have a very fundamental misunderstanding.

The volume segment portions shown below in bold face type are examples provided with typical docker documentation. They can not possibly work. You must adapt them for your use case. Please try to grasp this.

/path/to/docker/docker-config/scrutiny:/opt/scrutiny/config

/path/to/docker/docker-config/scrutiny/influxdb:/opt/scrutiny/influxdb