Posts by gderf

SnapRaid does not run as a service so there is no automatic sync or automatic anything else.

You can schedule commands or schedule scripts that combine commands if you want automation.

There are many such scripts available out on the internet just search for 'snapraid helper'.

There is a scheduled diff script built into OMV that can be run manually or scheduled from within the plugin but I don't use it.

One thing that is harmless to try but can fix many problems is to get into a root shell and run the following command.

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

You can check the qbittorrent log file and see what's going on.

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-92a2f17a-c3e9-4de0-b09a-bbf10f6988e5/appdata/qb/qBittorrent/data/logs/qbittorrent.log

In case you are new to torrenting in general and don't already know this, your public IP address will be visible to anyone in the swarms you join.

It's not Restart, you have to click on, but Recreate. Popup will rise to ask, if you want to pull new image. Says Yes. Wait a minute. Done.

This is not accurate. If the container is capable and properly configured then restarting it, either from within Portainer or the shell, will trigger the built in update mechanism and download a new version of Plex into the existing container if one is available and you are entitled to it. This process does not involve pulling a new image, replacing the container, or rebuilding the container.

Is using Wireguard a requirement or could you use OpenVPN instead?

I do not see the reason why you installed Wireguard on your system. Containers of this type already have the VPN code built into them.

I use this image with Torguard as my VPN provider and it works flawlessly: markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn

You will have to add and properly place an .ovpn file.

Here is the sanitized stack I used with it in Portainer:

For existing path policies to work the paths must already exist on the drives you want the policy to write into. Non previously existing paths will not be automatically created. This is a commonly seen misconfiguration/misunderstanding - the user has an existing path policy but didn't create the directory path on all drives he wishes to be pool members. One disk fills up and no files are written to the other disks.

You can web search for mergerfs HowTos. I have never read any of them so I can't say if they are any good or not. The official documentation is quite good but assumes the user already has some knowledge in this area and understands the terms and concepts used.

I prefer to use a least free space (lfs but not eplfs) policy because I want disks to fill up before moving onto a newly added disk. I don't pool drives, I pool directories. I don't use the OMV mergerfs plugins. I have one created by hand mergerfs pool statement in fstab that has never been changed since putting it there years ago. All newly added drives I wish to be in a pool have the required empty directory structure put in place when they are added to the machine.

There is no relationship between SnapRAID and mergerfs other than that SnapRAID will not operate on a mergerfs pool mount point. Such mountpoints are explicitly ignored and this is reported via a message: WARNING! Ignoring mount point ‘your mergerfs mountpoint here’ because it appears to be in a different device. (I am ignoring SnapRaid's optional built in pooling capability here).