Beiträge von Funky-Fab-4Strings

Hey guys,

i have a small problem here.

Yesterday i ran the updated from OMV Gui with docker update. (5:23.0.0-1~debian.11~bullseye)

After that Docker status is "intalled and running"

But all other containers including protainer are exited after that an i was not able to restart i.e. portainer to maintain the other containers.

Code
    root@nas01-omv:~# service portainer restart
    Failed to restart portainer.service: Unit portainer.service not found.
    root@nas01-omv:~# service homeassistant  restart
    Failed to restart homeassistant.service: Unit homeassistant.service not found.

I tried to reinstall portainer via the Gui at OMV Extras. Status of portainer is now "created"

Can someone help ne to get everything uo running again?

Running OMV6

And Docker on cutom path (/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-24236bde-03d5-40dc-a1f6-53dec0c8e4dc/DockerDataSSD/Dockerdata)

All was running fine untilee yesterdays update.

TIA

Hello,

just preparing my existing NAS (HP Gen8, 4 x 4TB (sda-sdd) + 120GB SSD (sde) for boot) for a clean install of OMV 6, because I'm still on OMV 4 at the moment.

I have it running on OMV 4 with the docker folder on the Raid pool, so the HDD's are not spining down because of dockers.

Basic OMV installation should not be the problem - i hope :-).

But I want to make 2 partitions on the boot SSD

First partition (20-30GB) should be boot for OMV.

Second partition (90GB) should be space for the dockers, so the RAID pool (4 x 4TB, RAID5) is able to spin down if not needed.

And with this step I want to format both partition as btrfs if possibel -> not that important because its running fine on EXT4.

What is the easiest way to do that before installing OMV 6?

Read something like installing debian mini first and OMV on top.

Or would it work to boot first with gparted and format and partition the SSD? Am I able to choose between two partitions on sde during standard OMV installation process?

Any help appriciated.

TYIA

Hey there bud i have been tinkering with getting a good pair of intel branded nics installed into my omv box. i had 1 network card initiated and every time i tried to activate another my omv network shut down and i had to reboot the system then it would just cycle asking to apply/reverse the change .

i solved this by going into the bios and disabling the onboard nic so my to pci nics could be used in balanced mode and it applied and worked straight away.

this probably might not apply to you just thought i would lay it out there just in case your in the same boat that i was.

Thanks for the info. The Gen8 has overall 3 nic's onboard. And I want to use 2 of them for traffic. the third one is for ILO

Use a system unit override file (systemctl edit docker.service) to add
    [Service]
    ExecStartPre=/usr/local/bin/permissions.sh

then systemctl daemon-reload

Just rebooted... works perfecttly. Thanks.

After saving the file I relaized the filename was

Is it relevant what name this file has, or can I rename it because the folder where it is safed is relevant?!

Good Morning,

I have script at /usr/local/bin/permissions.sh
    with the following lines in it:

I think it should be clear what it does. The tv card and the card reader need permissions for the user "Docker" because all docker are running not as root.

So far so good. The problem is, after every reboot I need to stop "Oscam" and "Tvheadend" Docker, execute this command and restart the dockers. Not that bad, because my machine is usually running 24/7, but sometimes i want to restart it und just need it automated.

How and where can I atomate this during startup before docker starts?

UDEV?

Crontab?

What do you guys recommend and how.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Hardware
    HP Gen8 Microserver
    Xeon E3 1260L
    16GB Ram
    4 x 4 TB Hard Disk
    1 x 120 GB root ssd

in OMV 2.X it was working.
    Eno1 was 192.168.2.3
    Eno2 was 192.168.2.4

I made a clean install months ago to OMV 4.x.
    Now on 4.1.18-1
    with Kermel 4.18.0

Everything looks and runs good. Docker, sharing, emby and so on no prpblems.

But when I try to set a static IP in WebUI for the second network card i get this error.

networkinterfaces looks like that:

Somebody can give me an advise how to solv it?

The funny thing is, i can log into the machine with 192.168.2.4

@tekkb
    Sorry if you got that wrong.
    I made your change too, but this was not topic of this thread here. I just wanted to keep it separate.
    This thread is ZFS
    The other thread was about permission in gerneral because it wasn't working on ZFS or regular RAID 5, so lets say that is a SAMBA problem.

As I said, I made you change in the smb.conf and everythings seems to work as far as I can tell right now. If not, I hope I can ask here again.

Just to make this clear if I got that correct:: reset the permission just change the folder which are already in the share. Your trick with the smb.conf will change it for the future folder, which are copied? Is ith the same chmod 775/2775?

Thank you again I really appreciate your help!!!!

With ACL its working in every depth.
    move the files one or two folder up i will check this evening... I am just working on my nas over team viewer... And I should work :D

Anyway I will go back to ZFS after testing because thats my Goal and it have to work. In other case my RAM is sensless (Ok it was included but anyway). I asked in the ZFS Thread too...

Hello,

I have a problem with my server concerning permissions from Emby on ZFS Filesytsem.

Hardware: HP Gen8 G1610T with 16 GB EEC Ram, 120 GB SSD with OMV, 4 x 4 TB Seagate NAS HDD with ZFS RaidZ-1 Filesystem
    OMV 2.1.18, emby installed over OMV-Extras.com Version 3.0.5781.0

The problem is, that emby cant write meta data to the media folder.
    My share is i.e.
    /MyStuff/Media/Videos/Movies/Captain Phillips (2013)/Captain Phillips (2013).mkv
    or
    /MyStuff/Media/Videos/Serien/Better call Saul/Season 1/Better Call Saul - S01E01 - Anfänge
    MyStuff is the ZFS Data storage.

I`m strugeling around with tekkb in this thread
    Emby spielt keine Videos ab, zeigt keine Bilder an
    to figure out whats wrong. We realized that it have to be the permission to write/execute files on the share.

Any ideas or solution?

Yes my goal is a folder structure like
    examble for TV Shows, because for each episode is a single folder.
    /media/22f4c57a-e8d3-4686-9443-996be366ba3e/Multimedia/Videos/Serien/Band of Brothers/Band of Brothers - S01E01 - Currahee/Band of Brothers - S01E01 - Currahee.mkv

So the folder deep is the problem? I sthere a solution? Is i caused from Emby?

I will try a little bit around at least we know whats the problem.