Beiträge von danieliod

Hello,

I have recently replaced my Server Hardware from Core2Quad Q9550s to Core i5 3470 and also MB, and RAM.
    I just moved all my Disks from the old system to the new system.

1 SSD 128 GB for Openmediavalut
    1 SSD 256 GB for Data and Containers

3X3TB Seagate ST3000V000 drives in RAID5.

Everything seems to be working but from time to time, I get the error message 'Gateway Time-out' when logging in from web:

I looked on the Syslog and found that there are some issues with resources which exceeds limits but I don't know how to further investigate in order to understand how to resolve it.

I have attached all the reports I could download, please let me know if something else should be provided as well.
    I would be glad if someone could review and assist.

In that output, I don't see any reason the service wouldn't start unless that is the output after you manually start it.

I have restarted the system and the docker didn't load, i ran: journalctl -u docker.service
    and this is the result:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# journalctl -u docker.service
    -- No entries --

After I run manually: systemctl enable docker.service it is still not loading, it show:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# systemctl enable docker.service
    Synchronizing state of docker.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
    Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable docker

and journalctl -u docker.service still gives:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# journalctl -u docker.service
    -- No entries --

How can I make it load automatically?

Continue of output:

Did you try disableing and then re-enabling the plugin? Otherwise, systemctl enable docker.service should do it. If that doesn't do, what is the output of: journalctl -u docker.service

I tried Disable and Enable but it didn't solve it. I did systemctl enable docker.service it worked but still after Restart it didn't load. The output is:

I can afford a downtime, but I’m not sure how exactly the mergers works. And what is SnapRAID all about.
    I experience today issues with Ext4 as there are repeating errors that are unable to be recovered. What is the recommended FS these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I would like your advise on the the best solution how to define my storage.
    I currently run OMV 3 with 3x3TB drives with RAID5 file system ext4.

I want to add another 3TB that I already have but also don't want to continue with RAID5 or with ext4.

I want the flexibility to grow my storage in the future with larger HDDs (not the same size) but also to be protected in cases when 1 drive may fails.

My data is mostly static as I store pictures, documents, and Video files.

Please help me understand what are the options.

Thank you

Hello,

I'm running today OMV 3 on a dedicated server with a RAID 5 array of 3X3TB drives.

I would like to take my Server 1 step further and make it run KODI as well.

I have Installed KODI on Debian Strech and OMV 4 and it's working fine.

The problem is that OMV is still missing some Plug-Ins that I need.

Would it be possible to Run OMV 3 on Debian Stretch from Docker?

I have found this on GitHub: ikogan/openmediavault somebody tried it already and can recommend?

Any other suggestions/thoughts are welcome.

Thank you

I did experience some power failures recently which I assume might caused this FS issue.

Will RAIDZ1 can also cope with such issue?

Thank you, I will have a look.

So what is the recommendation for recreating my system?

I have an 240GB SSD for the OMV system, what FS it should be?

And what is the recommendation for the 3X3TB drives I have? I need at least 6 GB for storage.

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for all the details, I will need to take some time and learn it carefully but my preference is 6TB raidz1 array
    I have just recently installed OMV from Scratch due to the upgrade from OMV 2 to 3.

On the meanwhile, I would appreciate an input regarding the current FS issue I have mentioned above, is that safe to delete that INODE in the lost+found?

Hello,

Thank you very much for the inputs, I really appreciate it.
    As I understand from the responses I need to upgrade my File System.

I would really much like to do that and would appreciate your guidance.
    How do I know what is the best FS for me?

Regarding the current issue, I have received the following:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-RAID/lost+found/#98893575': Structure needs cleaning

Can I just delete it?
    I also got his message during boot, tried to run the find command on these and got the same output for structure needs cleaning.

I am not a SMART expert, but to me the reports look fine. Just the load cycle count is quite high which is probably a result of agressive APM settings. Your drives are around 300k. For my drives 600k are specified. I had rapidly increasing load cycle counts in the past. I solved it by disabling hdparm and using hd-idle instead.

Concerning your first post I found this with google. May be it helps you.

Hopefully somebody else can give you a better response.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will r ad through the link you sent and will also be glad to receive additional feedbacks on the SMART results.

I want to know if you can better explain the APM parameter you mentioned. See attached my current configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk