Beiträge von raulfg3

unless you have a VERY good USB device brand, running OMV from a USB is not recomended (due premature burn-in of device), instead use a small and cheap SSD.

If not possible for you (Because you do not have enought SATA connections), use USB & openmediavault-flashmemory plugin: [Tutorial][Experimental][Third-party Plugin available]Reducing OMV's disk writes, also to install it on USB flash

To your other question, Yes, is posible to do a fresh install on other motherboard, and then move boot disk ( in your case boot USB) to new motherboard, and must boot and work

PD: Your OMV install must to use entire boot device, not a partition, this is how OMV works.

Two options, do the install on other motherboard and once work , move disk to your motherboard.
    or
    burn ISO in a CD and boot from a cd-Reader to do install, this last MUST work.

if your problem is that OMV do not boot if no VGA is detected, add one VGA ( cheapest posible) and done.

I start my OMV without any monitor attached to my NAS and boot fine, no need to log in to start anything, see my signature.

Your problem appear to be a hardware problem not a OMV problem.

Two post, same problem.

Your real problem, your IP config, revise your DNS settings, do not work until you can Ping to Google.com properly without error.

thak you for your answers.

I try to update the /root/.profile as explain above, but nothing changes.
    When I run manually from the console /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-cron-apt, it works fine. After a few moments, the prompt comes back.

Thank you very much for your help

do you try to reboot your NAS , so changes in /root/.profile become active?.

ok, more info is needed,
    What is your NAS Ip.

What is the IP of your client PC,
    is windows or linux?

What client do you use to connect to core?.

is mldonkey started? -> Post service mldonkey-server status and the mldonkey.log to see what is wrong, etc...

change this:

• allowed_ips = [
    • "127.0.0.1";
    • "192.168.1.0/254";
    • "192.168.3.0/254";]7

for this:

• allowed_ips = [
    • "127.0.0.1";
    • "192.168.1.0/24";]

once work, try this one:

• allowed_ips = [
    • "127.0.0.1";
    • "192.168.1.0/24";
    • "192.168.3.0/24";]

share your download directory by SMB and copy/move/delete by SMB.

To do this, user used to login in N4F (login in SMB) must have permission to do this operations, so go to users, create a new User ( the same that you use to connect from windows) and add this user to transmission group (You can select several groups at same time).

perhaps your win10 try to use NTLM1 that is not supported by SAMBA, so you need to instruct Windows to use SMB3 that is more efficient , this can be done using " Client max protocol":

see smb.conf rules: https://www.samba.org/samba/do…anpages-3/smb.conf.5.html

eg: copy & paste from smb.conf rules:

Important Notices

• The new systemd zfs-import.target file was added to the RPM packages but not automatically enabled at install time. This leads to an incorrect unit ordering on startup and missing mounted file systems. This issue can be resolved by running systemctl enable zfs-import.target after installing the packages. #6953

see: https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/releases/tag/zfs-0.7.4 = https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/pull/6764