Beiträge von KM0201

Maybe I'm missing something... but looking at the specs on that chassis, it only holds 2, 3.5in drives.

Looks like a nice build for the price.

I don't use Windows, but I seem to recall something about a guest user and Win 10, but don't think I've ever heard of a credentialed user having issues.

If you browse your network is the network location seen? Maybe it's some sort of cache issue and it's trying to check it against your saved credentials on Windows?

So I am running openmediavault 5 on top of debian. the server has been running for a couple years now no issues, i decided to try to update some files for a project i was installing and tried to up gcc and now i cannot log into openmediavault from anything. webui doesnt connect, putty gets rejected, on the physical pc i just ask for login but doesnt prompt for password anymore and tells me wrong info. i can log in as SINGLE so no password needed. i also can still access my samba shares in windows although that doesnt help with finding out the issue. I am not very familiar with linux. any help would be appreciated

What do you mean as SINGLE so?

For sure will heed this advice. I'm only using it for two purposes: 24/7 torrent seeder and home media server, so the configuration is probably extremely simple relative to most other things once it's going. My approach is generally to try and get a basically functioning machine that sort of does the job, then go back and optimize everything afterwards once I have some idea of what I'm dealing with and what I can do with it. Most of my torrents are seeding now so already most of the way there now.

https://docs.linuxserver.io/general/swag

Only differences in that one (really all containers, but I knew it wasn't an issue on qbittorrent).. is you need to pay attention to ports. swag defaults to port 80, so if you don't change that there will be a problem, as the OMV webUI also uses port 80.... So you either need to set OMV to use a port other than 80 (under I believe general settings) or make sure swag uses a different port.

So in the port section, you would just do something like this...

Code
     ports:
          - 444:443
          - 81:80

and that would route swag on the internal ports of 81 and 444.

or in the case of qbitorrent, if you wanted to run it on a port other than 8080.. In your stack change your port to something like this

Code
    ports:
          - 8085:8080
          - 6881:6881
          - 6881:6881/udp

and then you would access qbittorrent's webUI from at port 8085.

So in essence what you're saying is that I could take the line: "- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-84475483-4c80-4f1d-a765-e6918b958631/Downloads:/downloads", change it to the same thing but after the colon I replace with /torrents, then put in "/torrents" in qbittorrent nox download location settings, and it should be able to use it just like any other folder?

I think that's bang on, I just tested it and that works. Thank you very much for the explanations! Really makes everything a lot easier to digest initially.

It's disorienting to me that with both Samba and Docker containers you generally refer to folders as just "/folder" instead of giving absolute paths, when everything else on linux seems to be extremely specific. I love it, saves a lot of hassle, disorienting though.

well SMB, NFS, etc.. are whole different beasts.. :)

As for docker.. it's a little complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it.. you'll wonder why you ever used anything else for services. I was a late adopter and didn't really pick up on it till about 2yrs ago, now I'm running 16 containers. Like I said, when you're new, I highly recommend checking linuxserver first, as their containers are just simple and have a very consistent setup. I'm pretty comfortable with containers now, and I still usually check them first if I'm looking to add something (I think I have 11 linuxserver containers running, and 5 that are just other containers I've found useful). Since I primarily use my NAS as a media server. Then you can look into getting a domain, setting up a reverse proxy to the domain for those services (Airsonic, Nextcloud, Emby, Piwigo, Filebrowser, and a few others) and getting certs for those services so they are secured.

Have another question, I tried reading through the documentation for docker compose but couldn't figure this out. What do the volumes lines actually technically do, and what do I need to do to fully change them? I have a pre-made folder called "torrents" with all my files already in it, I want to to point qBittorrent nox towards this folder to load in all these files. When I try to do that inside of qBittorrent it says "cannot make save path". I tried changing the value in both the docker-compose.yml file and the same information on the portainer stack for this, but it still does not work, and I don't really understand what it's doing, I suspect it's trying to create a new volume in the specified location called "downloads" which is not at all what I'm trying to do.

Is it possible to just point it at an existing folder? I'm not sure if docker volumes are even technically the same thing as folders, I read a bit about that and couldn't figure it out. Is it possible to rename the statement after the colon in the volume line like :/downloads to something like :/torrents or does the software rely on it being called a certain thing?

source_path:/container_path.

I didn't know you already had a torrents folder, but if that's the case, just add the absolute path to that Torrents folder, to the left of the colon on the /downloads path, and redeploy the stack.

source_path: This is the absolute path to the the folder on your system.

container_path: This is the path the container sees.... So lets use emby as an example, since it has multiple volume paths... https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/emby

So if you look at that docker-compose, I set up my volumes something like this and deploy the stack

/srv/some-uuid/AppData/emby:/config

/srv/some-uuid/Media/TV:/tv

/srv/some-uuid/Media/Music:/music

/srv/some-uuid/Media/Movies:/movies

When I start configuring emby in it's webUI and adding media folders to it, I don't add /srv/some-uuid/Media/TV to add a tv folder. Emby can't see that path because it can't see outside the container. What emby can see, is "/tv" and that is where my tv shows will be stored for emby to scan. Same with music, movies, and whatever else I may add to emby.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Documentation for what in particular though? I read through the OMV documentation, I read through most of the qbittorrent linuxserver page, numerous forum posts, some information for docker. In general it was either not relevant information or far above my head having not done it before, it's not written for people learning it for the first time.

For docker and containers (linuxserver containers are well documented as well)

https://docs.linuxserver.io/

Seems to have worked, I'm inside qBittorrent Nox! Thank you very much!

Really seems like a lot of this stuff would be extremely straight forward if you already knew the default locations for certain files, and is pure nightmare fuel if you've never done it before. Strange dynamic.

Well, if you read the documentation (and it's extensive and frankly, a little dry.. so most don't).. it's all basically explained there.

So most usually end up just coming here and firing off posts to ask questions.

Seems to have worked, I'm inside qBittorrent Nox! Thank you very much!

Now, for future reference. I'd recommend if at all possible, sticking with linuxserver containers until you get a little more of a handle on what you're doing. They tend to set up very consistently and honestly with what we did there, you can apply those instructions to virtually any linuxserver container. Pretty much every linuxserver container has a /config and /data volume paths. Some may have multiple volume offerings (plex, emby, jellyfin, airsonic, etc.) but that is easy enough to figure out.

Just copy the docker-compose file into a stack and edit as necessary.

Finished those steps.

now, in Portainer, click on Stacks, Add a New stack.

At the top, name the stack (qbit, qbittorrent, just something that identifies it)

In the body, copy/paste this...

Adjust the following lines:

Under environments:

PUID= You should have gotten this number UID number you got from the id command.

TZ= Your timezone

That's it.

Under volumes.

Click the webUI of OMV, and then the Shared Folders section. Click the little 4 square icon in the upper right beside reload button, and make sure absolute path is checked.

Once it shows the absolute path for your shared folders..

Click the icon beside the absolute path for your AppData folder.

Now, in the volume section, paste this path to the left of the colon in the /config line, and append it with qbittorrent

So it should look similar to this (your UUID will be different)... Remember, paths are case sensitive in Linux, so if you didn't capitalize the same way I did... it's no big deal, just understand AppData is different from appdata... Downloads is different from downloads. Our main concern on mapping volumes, is going to be on the left of the colon. We don't need to mess w/ the right side.

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-408aa422-44c0-40d4-8e38-5c1f5ee1a56b/AppData/qbit:/config

Repeat for the Downloads folder you created in the webUI and it should look similar to this..

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-408aa422-44c0-40d4-8e38-5c1f5ee1a56b/Downloads:/downloads

Once you do that, Deploy the stack.

Yes, I then proceeded to follow the rest of those instructions, making a dockier compose yml file, pasting in the template from the linuxserver/qbittorrent page for docker compose, saved it, ran it. Didn't do anything, can't open qbittorrent in web ui, doesn't show anything running in portainer. Presumably it's because I didn't edit any of the values though, not sure which ones are necessary, PUID and PGID?

That would presumably it... I was getting to that. You need to do some editing to that file. Delete the container you just made.. I have to leave in about an hour so I'll try to give you a multiple instructions in 1 post.

Make sure your user is also in the docker group. Now go to a terminal session and note your UID with this command (it's probably 1000), but just make sure. You'll also see several GID's, 100 is the one we'll be using since all users are added to this group.

Code
    id username  #obviously use your username here

2. In OMV Shared folders, create 2 folders

One called AppData

One called Downloads

Then come back (don't jsut change the PUID/PGID and deploy it.. there's more that needs done)

No VPN just ordinary Qbittorrent. It's an Odroid HC4 ARM version of OMV.

uk63Kuv.png

There is no SSH group as far as I can tell, unless you mean just make the new user an admin, which seems to completely defeat the purpose.

No, the SSH group is there... or you don't have SSH enabled (even then the group should still be there). Scroll down and you should see SSH. They are in alphabetic order..