openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

I've searched around, I just cant figure out how to perform emergency / system backup of this new OMV 4.1 / Odroid hc2 arm system with sata 3 1tb hd. To avoid redo of install, plugins, shares, updates etc. :S I understand how to backup the data folders.

It seems the clonezilla TAB is missing on OMV 4.1 / Odroid-hc2 arm. I read this is was removed. This is a new system, works great, good time to perform system backup - it's clean! 8o

Also, I am reading up in Odroid forum, trying to figure out if I could or should install OMV directly onto the sata hd, as a service, boot off sd and have everything on sata drive. If so, I'll reinstall and clone the system off my win 10 machine. Thoughts? So far I reading armbian is buggy with debian stretch on the h2.

Anyone please comment. Thank You !
  • New

Hi,
    I build my first snapraid-setup with unionFS in OMV.

It seems to run OK.
    I have some questions...sorry for this.

After the setup I am not sure if this is right...???
    I read it somewhere here in the forum that it should be done like this:

One of my main questions is how to do the maintenance of my setup.
    What do I have to do after setup?

If I get the status of the Raid I get this:

No sync is in progress.
    The 100% of the array is not scrubbed.
    You have 443439 files with zero sub-second timestamp.
    Run the 'touch' command to set it to a not zero value.
    No rehash is in progress or needed.
    No error detected.

What does all this mean?
    What is the touch command? I do not find it in the GUI. Should I do it in terminal? I fear to mess-up something there.

What should I setup in the Settings tab of the plugin?

If you have some links to read or any other advice it would be nice.

Thanks for the help.
    F.
  • New

Hi,
    sometimes my CPU is quite busy. I would like to check what is going on.
    Is there something like the task-manager I know from windows...sorry long time windows-user...but I am getting better with linux!

I found the list of processes in System Information - but this is not much help for me...is it me - or the system.

Thanks for a hint.

Best.
    F.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Install OMV on Raspberry

slb20

How does OMV system backup work for ARM?

Some questions about Snapraid...still learning.

gderf

CPU is quite busy - how to check why?

gderf

No HDD performance shown in "System Information"

FFrank

Recent Activities

• slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install OMV on Raspberry.

I have the same Problem. I ran omv-firstaid and resetted the Network and the port setting. But that is not a proper solution. I just want to do a fresh and simple installation without problems.
  • Netstumbler -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How does OMV system backup work for ARM?.

Thread
    Hi, I've searched around, I just cant figure out how to perform emergency / system backup of this new OMV 4.1 / Odroid hc2 arm system with sata 3 1tb hd. To avoid redo of install, plugins, shares, updates etc. :S I understand how to backup the data…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Some questions about Snapraid...still learning..

Quote from FFrank: “OK, this looks promising. But I probably need help to set it up. First question comes to mind...where to save the script to not let it mess up during the next update of OMV? ” It's arbitrary where you put the script. But…
  • FFrank -

OK, this looks promising. But I probably need help to set it up. First question comes to mind...where to save the script to not let it mess up during the next update of OMV? But I have to sleep now - it is in the middle of the night. Thanks for…
  • gderf -

I suggest reading thru the SnapRAID home page: http://www.snapraid.it/manual.html The script settings you have are reasonable. But these only affect the OMV provided script which I do not use. I prefer this one which has to be modified by editing it: …
  • hoppel118 -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Choose download location of docker images?.

Like (Post)
    in settings. BUT.... must be done in the first install ( existing dockers are not moved to new location) forum.openmediavault.org/index…49d4d84bebc8217fa408dbb04
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x CPU is quite busy - how to check why?.

It's not a Plugin. In a root shell run: apt-get install htop
  • FFrank -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No HDD performance shown in "System Information".

Quote from gderf: “As I said, verify that Monitoring is still enabled. ” I just checked monitoring. It was on. I turned it off and back on again - no change. Thanks anyway. Fabian.
  • FFrank -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x CPU is quite busy - how to check why?.

Quote from gderf: “Install a copy of htop. ” Is this a plugin? Where do I find it? Thanks. F.
  • FFrank -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Some questions about Snapraid...still learning..

Thread
    Hi, I build my first snapraid-setup with unionFS in OMV. It seems to run OK. I have some questions...sorry for this. After the setup I am not sure if this is right...??? I read it somewhere here in the forum that it should be done like this: