openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Greetings.

I've installed OMV 3.0.99 recently for the first time with the intention to archive my movies / tv series collection (roughly 20TB atm) and I stumble on two issues.

Using minidlna for streaming to my smart tv (its a low cost local brand) and I've notice that some movie folders showing empty directory through mini dlna.

There are actually files that I can run via samba from win 10 pc so I suppose is the video encoding of the mp4 files that preventing them to show.

Do you know any way that i can bypass that?

Another problem that I've stumble on is that even if I've srt files inside the folders the tv wont show them.

Is there anyway to see srt subtitles?

Thank you in advance :)
  • New

hello all, so i need to wipe a disk from webGUI but under "Shared Folders" the directory (relativepath) /data/omvbackup (name: omvbackupp) is Referenced (Referenced: yes)

so the directory is used by Openmediavault backup plugin, how do i remove the path from the backup plugin?

i tried to uninstalll the plugin but that did not work :)

thanks ;)

edit: so after a reboot i was able to "wipe" the disk from the GUI but when i go to "filesystems" it shows up (but very weird) as: i.imgur.com/819Eeik.png
  • New

Hy,

after i upgraded to OMV 4 i have a big problem with my nfs shares.
    My Shared Folders works with SMB and AFP fine. But NFS have trouble with me.

I can't see any Files in my Shares on OMV /export/... and my Linux Computer. The export directory are empty. under src/dev .. i can see the dir. and Files .. ACL all right.

I have look all my settings, change it, try everything. But what i find is ..

When i change the Privileg .. add or delete a user, the Export Directory are visible, an i can mount it on my Kodi, Linux etc.
    After reboot, all lost.. the same procedure ...

Anyone an idea? I think the problem is NFS Deamon ..
    My Version is OMV 4.1.4.1
    i use the standard share options from OMV

under OMV 3.. it works fine. :|
  • New

Hello,

I would like to find out why the system locks up at random times when I write to a 10 drive RAID 6 array. (Basically shell freezes on screen and system reboots in ~30 sec)

After creating the RAID array (mdadm), while resyncing the system locked up and rebooted in about every hour. When the resync process finished it was working fine until I started to copy stuff to it (using rsync but it doesn't matter). I set the bwlimit to 4000K about 10 hours before, no issues since.
    If I don't set the limit it takes anywhere from 5 minutes to few hours to lock up and reboot.

Things I've done/tried so far:
    • created a 2GB test file, copied over, no problem (~330MB/s)
    • turned off the write-cache on all drives (not solved the issue)
    • kernel update (.14 -> .15)
    • can't find anything useful in the logs (except some ACPI errors)
    • memtest
    The system:
    • Mobo: ASUS B85M-G (6 onboard sata connector)
    • 2x PCIE: Delock 70137 SATA RAID (2 sata connector / card)
    • PSU: 650W FSP Raider 2

The ACPI warnings:

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Use Sensors Plugin on Raspberry Pi with a Command

David B

Video codec and subtitles

sbocquet

Standby and wakeup

Simon_100

Remove "Shared Folder" from Backup Plugin how?

Grafana/Cockpit dashboard plugin. What do you use to monitor system resources remotely?

sbocquet

Recent Activities

• David B -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Use Sensors Plugin on Raspberry Pi with a Command.

Well I actually lost interest in this myself because I stopped using my Pi for OMV and use a regular computer now.
  • sbocquet -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

With minidlna, No. It's a "strict" ans simple DLNA server with no transcoding. It just streams files. Your renderer (the TV or other) should have the correct codecs to show the file. Same for the srt files, that not in the DLNA specs. DLNA is a crapy…
  • jericho -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Thread
    Greetings. I've installed OMV 3.0.99 recently for the first time with the intention to archive my movies / tv series collection (roughly 20TB atm) and I stumble on two issues. Using minidlna for streaming to my smart tv (its a low cost local brand)…
  • Simon_100 -

Replied to the thread Standby and wakeup.

• exyu74 -

Liked MoritzJ’s post in the thread OMV 3.x 3rd-party [GUIDE] Syncthing -- Installation and Usage.

Like (Post)
    Please note that this guide is based on OMV 3.0.70 and Syncthing 3.9 and the settings I used(Syncthing can do way more stuff but I don't need it at the moment). If you are using a different version of OMV or the Syncthing plugin your menu structure might…
  • filledk -

Posted the thread Remove "Shared Folder" from Backup Plugin how?.

Thread
    hello all, so i need to wipe a disk from webGUI but under "Shared Folders" the directory (relativepath) /data/omvbackup (name: omvbackupp) is Referenced (Referenced: yes) so the directory is used by Openmediavault backup plugin, how do i remove the path…
  • sbocquet -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Grafana/Cockpit dashboard plugin. What do you use to monitor system resources remotely?.

Hi, With some little tweaks on collectd (sensors + smart plugin added) and rrdgraph, and with the help of the diskstats plugin and lm_sensors, I managed to add some temp graphs (CPU & disks) stats in OMV, which, IMO, are the missing datas in OMV…
  • sbocquet -

Liked ellnic’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Like (Post)
    I was just thinking about this thread and its title... please no comments about OCD or getting a life :P Every time it pops up in Tapatalk it stands out because the title is no longer completely valid. Can this be changed? Preferably with a strikethrough…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Standby and wakeup.

It is a matter of what the hardware supports. I think you would have to add an real time clock (hardware) and then use rtcwake (software). Use google to find out if this will work on RPi.
  • Simon_100 -

Posted the thread Standby and wakeup.

Thread
    I have been running a pi-nas for about 3 weeks, and wanted to ask if you can somehow set the pi, for example, at 20 o'clock in the standby mode and then wake up at 8 o'clock Automaticaly. ?(