Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• chakky -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH root Passwort vergessen.

Hallo, vielen Dank für die schnelle Hilfe. Quote: “ sudo passwd root ” hat mir geholfen. Da der angelegte benutzer nicht der Gruppe sudoer angehört, musste ich über das Webinterface den benutzer dort noch hinzufügen. Nach einen erneuten Login…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved How to enable Flash Memory plugin?.

Like (Post)
    The presence of folder2ram entries in your mounts indicate that the Flash Memory plugin is enabled.
  • RobertR728 -

Liked ajaja’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Dual Nic and one switch.

Like (Post)
    I too would like to know what I can do with my additional Nic. I am sure there is an advantage with Docker. I do run Haugene/Transmission-OpenVPN. So what can be done with a second(third) Nic?
  • RobertR728 -

Liked donh’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Dual Nic and one switch.

Like (Post)
    There are a few modes for using multiple. The main reason would be redundancy. If you have a smart or managed switch you can also use lacp. You can combine 2 or more nics to act as one connection. This can make it seem you have a 2GB or more connection.…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked donh’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Full root drive help.

Like (Post)
    Did you read the logs to see what it is writing about? A few details like hardware type etc might get better guesses. One other quick tip df -h shows the size of your partitions. apt-get clean all cleans your apt cache which can store a lot of archives…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Full root drive help.

Like (Post)
    Which log file is causing the problem? And, as donh wrote, are there some messages quite often?
  • RobertR728 -

Liked RobertR728’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Good lord that is a huge hard disc. Just imagine the day for the world of computers that those type drives are common place. Or we are swapping them out like floppy discs of the days past. Exciting and scarry at the same time. On a positive note for me…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from RobertR728: “2 More 88tb drives ” Where can I buy such big drives? :D100TB drive. Here you go! :) Since they're not disclosing the price yet, I hope you have a few extra Euro's...
  • RobertR728 -

Liked RobertR728’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    lol I noticed spell correct was changing it to 88tb I thought I caught them all . lol Okay I have to edit this because I can't find the time it takes to add a drive to the array. I shutdown and installed one new 8tb drive. Booted up logged in thru root…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked cabrio_leo’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from RobertR728: “2 More 88tb drives ” Where can I buy such big drives? :D
  • RobertR728 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from RobertR728: “Does the array go offline while it is growing. Or Does it continue to file share while it's rebuilding? ” It stays online but accessing can greatly slow down the rebuild.
  • RobertR728 -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from RobertR728: “/--/ I like the software and the speed of the NAS so I now have 2 More 88tb drives to add so I want to grow the array. So my question would be. Can I add both new drives at once then tell OMV to grow the array? Or do I have to…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked filledk’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    i would like to know this too :) (sorry for OT)
  • RobertR728 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved How to enable Flash Memory plugin?.

• macom -

Solte funktionieren: askubuntu.com/questions/249598…d-is-this-a-security-risk Es wird aber eh oft empfohlen einen "normalen" Nutzer aus der sudo Gruppe anstelle von root zu verwenden.
  • macom -

Dazu gibt es einige Anleitungen, z.B. thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/Linux…Passwort_wiederherstellen Wenn der neu angelegte Nutzer in der sudo Gruppe ist, könnte auch sudo passwd root funktionieren. Probier es mal aus. Ergänzung: sudo fragt nach einem…
  • chakky -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x SSH root Passwort vergessen.

Thread
    Hallo Leute, ich hab mein root/admin Passwort vergessen für die ssh-Shell. Konnte mir über das Webinterface einen ssh benutzer anlegen, der der gruppe Root gehört. Kann mir jmd jetzt verraten wie ich das ssh-Passwort des Admin accounts…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Dual Nic and one switch.

There are a few modes for using multiple. The main reason would be redundancy. If you have a smart or managed switch you can also use lacp. You can combine 2 or more nics to act as one connection. This can make it seem you have a 2GB or more connection.…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved How to enable Flash Memory plugin?.

The presence of folder2ram entries in your mounts indicate that the Flash Memory plugin is enabled.