openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

• Hello,

I reinstalled the VM and did some tests (with Snapshots :D )

First in installed the docker plugin and created a Snapshot
    Then i activated the plugin an everything looks fine
    I pulled the debian:jessie original image and I can start a container from the Image
    I created a new image with a Dockerfile in Console through ssh and everything works fine
    The new Image shows up in WebIF and I can start a Container from this image

Then I go back to the snapshot with installed plugin
    I activated the the plugin and after activation i changed the base path
    I pulled the debian:jessie original image and I can't start a container from the Image
    I get the following messages

I added this "cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1" to Kernel Command Line in /etc/default/grub, did an update-grub and reboot the system
    according to this https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/14219

After that i tried to create an Container from debian:jessie image and get the following message

Code
    Fehler #0:
    exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message '2c2c467ec0f882b975a69b2fa09cb699d857da2171f4dabb8ab373c2c9e0257d
    Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 2c2c467ec0f882b975a69b2fa09cb699d857da2171f4dabb8ab373c2c9e0257d: [8] System error: permission denied' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:416
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(474): OMVModuleDockerUtil::exec('docker run -d -...', Array, 1)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->runContainer(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('runContainer', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'runContainer', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

The Container appears in the Container table, but i cannot start / stop / restart it, all Button are not accessible

This was written to /var/log/docker.log

Code

So it looks like there are some problems with the external base path

• Hi, i cannot run docker container (
    What's wrong?

Code
    docker run -t -p 8000:8000 ikatson/aceproxy
    permission denied
    Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 2a2556113bff54a3d3c1e177c00c2972dcb613c8a81a954f48853b70889fa988: [8] System error: permission denied
  • Hi, i cannot run docker container (
    What's wrong?

Code
    docker run -t -p 8000:8000 ikatson/aceproxy
    permission denied
    Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 2a2556113bff54a3d3c1e177c00c2972dcb613c8a81a954f48853b70889fa988: [8] System error: permission denied

Did you also relocate the base path? Do you run the command as root?

• Earlier, I get the following error:

Code
    WARNING: Your kernel does not support memory swappiness capabilities, memory swappiness discarded.

but fix it yourself:
    add cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 to /etc/default/grub in line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX

Code
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1"
  • Hello,

I looked into /etc/default/docker

It looks like this in OMV Part

Code
    ### Do not change these lines. They are added and updated by the OMV Docker GUI plugin.
    OMVDOCKER_API="-H unix:///var/run/docker.sock -H tcp://127.0.0.1:42005"
    OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH=""
    DOCKER_OPTS="$DOCKER_OPTS $OMVDOCKER_API $OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH"
    ### Do not add any configuration below this line. It will be removed when the plugin is removed

Is there something missing in the "OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH" ? --> is this for the base path?

• Is there something missing in the "OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH" ? --> is this for the base path?

My output:

• Hello,

Yes, it is in there, i have looked into the wrong snapshot :/

In the correct snapshot, it looks like

Code
    ### Do not change these lines. They are added and updated by the OMV Docker GUI plugin.
    OMVDOCKER_API="-H unix:///var/run/docker.sock -H tcp://127.0.0.1:42005"
    OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH="-g /media/67c66cd1-2881-400c-8e35-761a8080aa6c/s_docker"
    DOCKER_OPTS="$DOCKER_OPTS $OMVDOCKER_API $OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH"
    ### Do not add any configuration below this line. It will be removed when the plugin is removedroot@server-nas-test:~#

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!