Beiträge von subzero79

You should drop to terminal and start testing the disks. See how if unlocking manually works, then test the key file. Just go one by one. Maybe remove the key file from the crypttab change it to - and test to be prompted at boot for unlock n

At the moment from what i can found on existing plugins and core ts files, to pass data from a row selection in a table to a form is done via the URL

Exmple LVM plugin in extend we pick the row with _selected[0[

YAML
    version: "1.0"
    type: route
    data:
      url: "/storage/lvm/lvs/extend/:devicefile"
      title: _("Extend")
      editing: true
      notificationTitle: _("Extended logical volume '{{ devicefile }}'.")
      component: omv-storage-lvm-lv-extend-form-page

Then we can read in the form with _routeParams,

So I can pass only one parameter.?

Is it not possible to pass more data from the selection other than the URL ? a state object?

I have done nothing in Angular but just looking at a few post in stackoverflow seems like router or routerlink can pass data to the components. Looks very similar on what react-router-dom does, passing state object to the new route component, in this case the omv form-page.

https://stackoverflow.com/ques…angular-routed-components

PD: I am not in the developer section. So i just posted here.

The volume Needs to be registered in the db backend. I can see The 280gb volume already mounted. So unmount The disk in terminal, also remove the volume

line in /etc/fstab and proceed to mount the volume via the web ui. After that you’ll be able to create shared folders in the volume.

Very confusing post. Raid section doesn’t have used column. Shows the size of the array. Now then you go to a folder in Windows’s that says some other size.

Mixing a block device, with a folder. Take a screenshot maybe show what the problem is.

Guid? I think you mean uuid. That number is assigned when the Fs is registered in the db. Which means when added and mounted. After that will remain the same number unless you remove the fs, which means taking the entry out of the db, which means un-mounting If it succeeds. Add it again it will be another number.

Is it possible to encrypt the entire second partition of the boot drive and not the first?

I ask this because my motherboard only has 4 SATA-connectors and I need all of those for storage. I don't want USB for a boot device. If possible, my plan is to create 2 partitions on a SSD where the first partition contains the operating system and the second partition contains some storage which needs to be encypted.

Yes, but the iso omv installer doesn't give that many options. So use debian you can choose how to layout the partitioning in the system.

You can use LVM and leave a free empty logical volume for the remaining space and encrypt that using luks afterwards.

Or not use lvm, just plain partitions. the first one remains open, the other one encrypted.

Plain bottom, if you need to split the boot drive use the debian installer

No, it won’t work.

The plugin fork did a lot of changes internally.

The old ssh method relied a lot on systemd. How it was mechanized is documented in a blog post which was mentioned in the fork. You can follow that post and organize the units manually. Or you can use the other ssh method which uses drop bear at initramfs.

I do not use it since I have omv as virtual machine so I can automate unlock something like `ssh pve qm terminal $vmid`

I have to check the plugin error, look like is missing the db section entry, that should be added at install of the plugin.

I haven't dont an iso install in a while, do you remember if the hostname was setup autmatically or there is a prompt an you entered plethi.local?

Because if the installer is appending local automatically to the hostname in the db, that means there might be something to correct there as you can see the error triggers in a new install.

But should OMV keep changing the MAC it would be a little awkward doing this repeatedly due to other configuration tied to the MAC address that my set-up requires (open ports, etc).

It shouldn't change, MAC address is tied to the hardware you cannot change it, you can spoof it temporally as those changes are lost at reboot.

It shouldn’t change on upgrade, odd issue there. But why don’t you paste the new address in the dhcp list of the router.

Omv doesn’t provide in the web ui a field Mac change.

Other than that you should check netplan configuration at /etc/netplan And check netplan docs if they provide MAC address configuration.

UUID mount naming and device mount was used at the beginning.

Eventually(maybe in omv4?) changed due to users complaining not having friendly names , because of that they were unable to associate the physical disk/partition to the filesystem in an explorer or terminal.

Now it mounts first option using the fs label and if not present using the device name(id) as seen by the kernel.

This behavior is hard coded and cannot be changed using omv env variables.