No response to password changes

• Hi everybody! Recently I decided that it would be nice to change admin password to something "cool" but after that, the system didn't recognized the new pass...ok, no problem, ran into root and try to omv-firstaid.....what? I can't log into as root, pass not valid.....ok, started the system and erased the pass storaged in/shadow....but after did it twice, each time the system restarts again the pass aren't recognized, either root or admin!!

Any ideas, please? .....thx in advance!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok, started the system and erased the pass storaged in/shadow

Just curious how did you do that if you could not login as root?

Besides that, on what kind of media is OMV installed?

You can reset the root pwd with grub edit

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• That's what I did, also once I manually delete the password in /shadow but the problem is that if restart the ssytem, both passwords, root and admin are not recognized again.......

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!