screwed up my mount to samba share and can't seem to get the permission correct

• I'm having trouble mounting the smb share from my OMV box the share in this case is media which exists as a samba share is not set to read only, is set to browsable and is set to honor existing ACL's (I don't know what that is). I Have a user jamie which has read/write permissions on media

I have a folder ~/NAS which I mount to the share with

sudo mount -t cifs //openmediavault.local/media/ ~/NAS/ --verbose -o user=jamie,rw
    Password for jamie@//openmediavault.local/media/:
    mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=192.168.1.37,unc=\\openmediavault.local\media,user=jamie,pass=********

when I do that I can go into ~/NAS and see the folders and files.
    ls -l shows them all as being drwxrwsr-x 162 root users 0...

If I use Nemo to go into ~/NAS then I can see the folders and files however I can't create a new folder or delete anything. That appears to require root.
    If I use Nemo to browse the network and then connect to smb://openmediavault.local/media/ it all works correctly and my normal jamie account can create folders/delete...
    If I go to a windows machine and connect to the folder with user jamie and my password it works and I can create folders/...

This all worked before I rebooted my Mint box earlier today.

so I'm guessing the issue is with my mount. any suggestions?

I'm also willing to accept that using samba to mount folders between two linux boxes may be stupid but I couldn't get NFS working at first so I've just been using samba

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!