Standard Upgrade Omnius (0.3.x) -> Fedaykin (0.4.x) failing

• I was walking though what I thought was going to be pretty simple upgrade. I've not installed any plugins other then what is considered "base" or provided from OMV core.

So following the directions from here: http://wiki.openmediavault.org….php?title=Updates_to_OMV

I am now left with a broken NAS...

The error:

Code
    root@nas-chi-00:~# uptime
     12:55:01 up 2 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.31, 0.23, 0.09
    root@nas-chi-00:~# dpkg --configure -a
    Setting up openmediavault (0.4.13) ...
    Updating configuration ...
    /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault.postinst: 456: omv_config_delete_user: not found
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault (--configure):
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault

I've tried removing it (dissipate the error it does appear to be removed):

Then tried reinstalling:

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep openmediavault*

and

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• dpkg -l | grep openmediavault*

Code
    root@nas-chi-00:/etc/openmediavault# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault*
    iF  openmediavault                      0.4.13                       Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              0.1                          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-lvm2                 0.4.2                        OpenMediaVault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin
    rc  openmediavault-netatalk             0.4.1                        OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list

Code
    root@nas-chi-00:/etc/openmediavault# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public fedaykin main
    ## Uncomment the following line to add software from the proposed repository.
    # deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public ix-proposed main
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Try omv-update and the omv-firstaid.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Postfix and xmlstarlet were installed:

omv-update failed at configure

omv-firstaid starts but I tried to reconfigure the web interface and get this:

Code
    root@nas-chi-00:/etc/openmediavault# omv-firstaid
    Updating web administration settings. Please wait ...
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - pam_auth in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  pam_auth: Unable to register functions, unable to load in Unknown on line 0
    Segmentation fault
  • It appears to me that it is unable to access or use functions in the file /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions, maybe others. I see this also when i execute the package remove command. I double checked permissions and have no idea why that would be the case. It explains why it can not find the user delete function, which is defined in that file.

Thanks for your guys help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault or omv-initsystem

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Did you get it working? If so, what did you do?

I don't think he got it fixed yet :(

• No, It's not fixed. I went and grabbed a copy of my config from /etc/openmediavault/ and have that saved off now. I will likely just reload the OS and restore the config. Something is definatly broke in the update process.

output of apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault

omv-initsystem worked for about 30 seconds and returned back to my shell without error. Web interface is inaccessible still and the installation error when you run the dpkg --configure -a command still appears.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry we couldn't get it fixed. I wouldn't recommend restoring the config that way. There is more to it than just that folder. Hopefully the reinstall works.

Yes, my pogoplug upgraded just fine. The only difference that I can see is that I didn't have any plugins installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No. Volker removed the backup/restore feature because it was not working the way he wanted. Maybe if the version installed still has it, it may work.

• ridnhard19
    I ran into the exact same problem as you. I did a clean install from the 0.3 amd64 (because 0.4 amd64 ISO doesn't like COM ports) and the proceeded to upgrade to 0.4.

But if you followed the WIKI page exactly (like I did too) the process does break. Good news is that I found a simple solution.

After editing the openmediavault.list for 0.4, the correct following commands are as follows:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    reboot

you have to do another apt-get upgrade that will install parted (and others that I can't remember now) first before actually installing OMV 0.4.
    Doing that will smoothly take you to the current version.

Hope this helps since I could replicated the problem, hopefully the WIKI page will be updated...

• This may be too little too late, however, I had the same problem. I installed .4 and did all of the updates when I started seeing the error Segmentation faulty tree. After some searching, I found the answer that fixed my OMV.

As root or sudo:
    rm /var/cache/apt/*.bin

Then do:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    and all should be well.

Hope that helps someone as it sure got me out of a jam!
    linuxcoder919

• Hi
    I'm tryin to upgrade from 0.3.0.20 to Fedaykin
    I followed http://wiki.openmediavault.org….php?title=Updates_to_OMV, but the system wasn't upgrading
    Then I realized there where a bunch of updates on the GUI, so applied all.
    In the meantime, installed omvplugins...realized the link in the http://omv-plugins.org/about 0.3 is in fact pointing to 0.4...well, I'll make it short.

revised /etc/apt/sources.list so that its correct

changed /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list to
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public omnius main (instead of fedaykin)

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    reboot

Then my system gets upgraded to 0.3.10 succesfully

tried omv-update (not available in 0.3.0.20), it went through all the process, but it didn't upgrade! Output is:

Code
    Fetched 13.1 kB in 1s (10.7 kB/s)
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: GPG error: http://packages.openmediavault.org fedaykin Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 7E7A6C592EF35D13
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    The following packages have been kept back:
      openmediavault openmediavault-lvm2
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

any ideas ?
    go through the route of updating openmediavault.list to fedaykin ? I'm afraid the result will be the same

/EDIT: just checked openmediavault.list and its pointing to fedaykin, so omv-update has worked to that point

• Code
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!