SnapRaid - Sync

• Hello

i am a little unclear how to setup the Snparaid sync Cron, How often does it have to run, do i need to run anything else to look after the pool?

And can someone please advise how to setup the Cron, i cant fid anywhere to schedule tasks like in freenas

• You set scheduled tasks in the OMV menu, under System > Scheduled Jobs.

Click Add and create a new scheduled task to run every night (or more often if you're paranoid). Under Command, enter: /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff

This script is supplied with the plugin and you can configure it from the Diff Script Settings section in the SnapRAID plugin UI. You'll get an email each time the script is run.

• do you mean the command line? i cant find any command in the gui i need access to cron so i can schedule it

• And am i not meant to be running the sync tool and how often?

i use remote share plugin andnafter i use sync it remove my remote share and dismountsnmy nfsn shares

• i have added it, but when i try and manually hit run and hit start there is no output it just is a whiten screen and start becomes clickable again

• Offizieller Beitrag

The script is meant to be started and runs in the background. Look for output in the logs. No need to start the script daily. On reboot is the best option in scheduled tasks.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• But I do not reboot my server often. Why on reboot

Sent from my phone

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Offizieller Beitrag

Once it is running, it stays running (like a daemon). That is why it has a setting for how often to scrub. The script just needs to be started once when the system is started. Using "on reboot" in scheduled tasks, does just that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!