OMV 3.0.41 on RPi 3

• I'm very new to this and am having some trouble. I appreciate all assistance in learning. Thanks in advance.

I have loaded OMV 3.0.41 on my Raspberry Pi 3. I'm logged into the console via root. But I can't connect my RPi to WiFi.

When I try to run omv-firstaid and choose 1 "Configure network interface" I get: ERROR: 'ID_MODEL_FROM_DATABASE'

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong here?

======
    I'm very new to this, so please be patient. Thanks.
    ~Jason:)

• I don't use the wifi connection on my RPi 3 (I use ethernet) but i think you need to add wifi as a new interface from the network page of the OMV GUI.

Network > interfaces select add button and add the wifi. select wlan0 from the dropdown list. add your wifi network name and password. select DHCP and see if that works.

I assume you installed and setup OMV connected to ethernet?

• No, I set up the SD Card following the instructions I found. Put it in and booted it up. I guess I need to go and plug it in via Ethernet.

The problem is, that I can't get the Web GUI because I don't know the IP. And that's because I can't connect it to WiFi. That's probably my entire problem, right there. ^^

======

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please create a shell script with the following content and execute it. Post the output here.

• i see. I've never had my RPi off the network. How are you getting to the console? do you have a keyboard/screen plugged into the pi directly?

What I would do is get your pi connected to ethernet. You won't need the screen/keyboard if you have another computer on your network to connect to it. I'm assuming you have a home wifi router with ethernet connections that you can use.

or try connecting to the GUI on 127.0.0.1 from the pi (no idea if this will work but i am trying :-))

• i've just realised that you probably don't even have a web browser to try connection on 127.0.0.1 if you are working directly on a pi with OMV.

you might be able to install a web browser on your pi - e.g. epiphany and then access the OMV GUI. I'm not sure if this would work though - so suggest you use votdev advice rather than me!

link for instructions for installing epiphany below but wait for votdev or other more advanced users to confirm/advise.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/web-browser-released/

• I wasn't away for very long, but there's a lot of information here. I will look at all of the replies and let you know what I find out. I won't be able to do it tonight. I'm off to a dinner date. But will let you know tomorrow.

Thanks!

======

• Hey jata1 and votdev, thank you both very much for your assistance. Today I was finally able to hook my RPi up to my home network via Ethernet and after 1 reboot, I was able to finally get the IP address so I can get to the web GUI.

I'm now wiping the USB drive and should be good to go. For now...

Thanks again!

:thumbup::thumbup::D

======

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!