Noobie to OMV with an offer of help and questions

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I don't remember all the errors. One of them was an ffmpeg version error. I also noticed that there is a new patch on the sourceforge board (here) that is against cvs from a couple weeks ago.

I have a ps3 which is very picky so I could test the transcoding later if you get it to compile.

i used minidlna-transcode i dont think they use the same patch, but i did read somewhere that minidlna-transcode is based on the original transcode patch for minidlna. so they are probably working different, but minidlna-transcode should do the trick.
    i did compile it, right now i am trying to start the daemon with the transcoding configs, which results in not showing the videos that should be transcoded.
    have to figure out how this thing should work.

you should post your error, so we can work it out. ffmpeg is still needed afterwards to transcode on the fly.
    the thing is i have my OMV running under Ubuntu 12.10, so maybe debian squeeze needs a newer ffmpeg, maybe the deb-multimedia repo is some help here.

• Sorry work took over my week. I did get an OMV VM setup to use as a build environment and will do my own experiments this weekend building on an omv install. I've also been looking at mediatomb - which I haven't used myself.

ssh someheadlesshost.buried.4000milesaway.net -l root
    ifdown eth0

Houston we have an idiot.

OMV 0.4.24 on HP n54l microserver

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "br41n"

you should post your error, so we can work it out. ffmpeg is still needed afterwards to transcode on the fly.

Compiled just fine on Wheezy but it is dynamically linked and doesn't work with Squeeze+deb-multimedia. Tried compiling on Squeeze+deb-multimedia again and get this error (after adding fix from here to metadata.h and transcode.h):

Which means ffmpeg is still too old. Need to build a statically linked version on Wheezy I guess.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Looks like it. Right now i dont have much time to test my version, which did not show the video files after a rescan.
    I have to learn for my exams until end of march, so i could not really test it and dont have time to look for the cause.
    But i would be interested if your version works with transcoding.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!