Failed update from OMV 2 to OMV 3

• Hello,

I tried to update my system from OMV 2.2.13 using:

Code
    omv-release-upgrade

However it appears to have failed with the following message:

When I check my current system version it still comes back as wheezy (7.11) and OMV is showing as stoneburner (2.2.13).

Any advice on how to proceed?

• Disable the mono repository first then, try and run the command again.

Thanks subzero, that did the trick to get the installation going. I executed the command from shellinabox plugin so unsurprisingly the upgrade progress stopped updating me at:

Code
    Preparing to unpack /shellinabox_2.20_amd64.deb ...

But I'm able to access via ssh and can see I am running debian 8.6, so part of the upgrade must have succeeded. However, now I am unable to login via webgui, receiving following error:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The environment variable 'OMV_DATAMODELS_DIR' does not exist.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/environment.inc:47
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/datamodel/manager.inc(55): OMV\Environment::get('OMV_DATAMODELS_...')
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(39): OMV\DataModel\Manager->load()
    #2 {main}

Also, Plex is accessible, but the rest of my services are unresponsive and samba shares appear offline too...

Suggestions?

Edit: I tried following the instruction from here: Thread/15163-OMV-DATAMODELS-DIR-does-not-exist/ but now the webgui simply gives the following error:

Code
    communication failure
  • Run dpkg -l | grep openmedia

If there are some plugins not available (not ported) in omv3 you need to purge them.

Here is my output:

• apt-get purge openmediavault-openvpnas

apt-get -f install

Oh my.... I think I've gone and done it now. Upon review, I executed

Code
    apt-get purge openvpn-as

rather than what you had written. I'm not even sure how to describe what happened when I executed the purge command. It started a crazy chain reaction with 15 pages of output and now I'm getting many errors, such as:

Code
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-couchpotato
    openmediavault
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Now I am unable to reach webgui at all.

I'm very frustrated with myself for not having been more careful in executing your instruction.

Thankfully I made a clonezilla backup of my system drive. Really hoping I haven't caused any damage to my data though!

Edit: Backup restored, all data intact and system appears fully operational under OMV2. What a relief!
    I think I will do a clean install of OMV3 in the future rather than re-attempt the upgrade. Thanks again for the assistance though.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!