OMV 3 + TVHeadend Codecs disabled

• Hey guys,

i am stuck with a problem on my Raspberry 3. I got OMV 3 installed and i also installed TVHeadend to stream TV channels throughout my house. Everything is working so far but the other day i decided to purchase the mpeg 2 license from the raspberry store. After putting the key into the config.txt i wanted to figure out if the codec was working properly. So i checked via ssh and got the information that MPG2=disabled. So i checked if H264 was working and i got the same message. As i understand it, H.264 is supposed to work by default, so it got me wondering if i made a mistake configuring my system and if so, how can i change that?
    The ssh output looks like this:

root@toprotectandserve:~# vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2
    MPG2=disabled
    root@toprotectandserve:~# vcgencmd codec_enabled H264
    H264=disabled

So does anybody have an idea what the problem is?

cheers Larkin

• Your using the command correctly, so its definitly disabled at the moment (a lot of people use mpg2 in lowercase for example).

Did you put the keys in the right config.txt? If using NOOBS hold [SHIFT] during boot and use the NOOBS recovery system editor to edit your active config.txt.

• On the first try i plugged the sd card into my desktop pc (running Win10) and i was able to access the config.txt from there and so i just added the mpeg2 key at the end. When this didn't seem to work i connected to the rpi via ssh and went with: sudo nano /boot/config.txt. This appears to be the exact same file, because my key was listed at the end. So i guess i edited the right file.
    For H.264 i don't have a key because as i understand it, this is supposed to work by default. That is why i thought that i might have misconfigured something.

• Hey guys,

does nobody have an idea? Throughout the week i tried to dl a youtube Video and it wouldn't let me download it since jdownloader reports that ffmpeg is not working. So i'm guessing there is a direct connection to the mpeg2 codec not working properly.

• I'm afraid there aren't that many people using the pi + a encoding license here. Since its a raspberry Pi licence issue, I would drop the question in de official pi forum. Looks like you licence isn't accepted, there probably is a log that says something like that after reading the txt file.

• Thx for the reply. Well i think that the problem might not be with the license and rather with my settings. Because the H264 encoding should work out of the box. Anyway, i will follow your adivce and post on the official pi forum. cheers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!