Problem with LVM

• Hi OMV fans,

First sorry for my english, i'm belgian and french speaking :)

I have a problem with a fresh install. I'm using OMV since a few years on 2 servers without problems and i just built
    a new one, installed with V3.0.77 for testing.

I build my raid5 with 6x2TB, no problem. I installed LVM, created 1 Physical volume and 1 volume group, no problem.

The problem comes when i want to create logical volumes, i receive an error like this :

Erreur #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; lvcreate --name 'lv1' --size 2150178388K 'false' 2>&1' with exit code '5': File descriptor 3 (socket:[30093]) leaked on lvcreate invocation. Parent PID 5798: sh
    File descriptor 5 (socket:[34064]) leaked on lvcreate invocation. Parent PID 5798: sh
    Volume group "false" not found' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/storagedevicelvm.inc(242): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/logicalvolumemgmt.inc(700): OMV\System\Storage\StorageDeviceLvm->create('lv1', '2201782669374', 'false')
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceLogicalVolumeMgmt->createLogicalVolume(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('createLogicalVo...', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('LogicalVolumeMg...', 'createLogicalVo...', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall LVM etc but nothing... Does anyone have an idea about this ?

Tks for help and good WE.

• Hi Subzero and thank you, unfortunately lvdisplay show nothing created ...

So i created my LV with lvcreate and there's no problem with this method using CLI , it appears in the GUI.

After that i want to activate ISCSI but i receive the same kind of error :

Erreur #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start iscsitarget 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for iscsitarget.service failed. See 'systemctl status iscsitarget.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(83): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(101): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/iscsitarget.inc(76): OMV\System\SystemCtl->enable(true)
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleIscsiTarget->startService()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus7u...', '/tmp/bgoutputKJ...')
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #14 {main}

• Tks for the reply. The running kernel is 4.9 but i can't find a website speaking about why iscsi doesn't work anymore with recent V4 kernels.
    Do you have some more informations about that ? Tks and have a good WE.

It's quite strange because ISCSI is widely used... not ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!