openmediavault-nut with monitoring disabled

• Hi,

In building my new OMV system I've discovered the following:

• With monitoring disabled (in my case due to a USB boot drive being used) the NUT plugin errors on installation, then causes errors to be displayed on the GUI all the time, and again errors on uninstallation.
    • With monitoring temporarily re-enabled, installation is error free, similarly there are no errors in the GUI.
    • Disabling monitoring again once the NUT plugin is installed does not introduce any further errors.

What I don't yet know is whether the NUT plugin will actually work with monitoring disabled: either at all or in part (I don't much care for the pretty graphs which I'm almost certain won't work, what I do want however is for a graceful shutdown to be triggered after the UPS running on battery for x minutes) - I won't be able to test this until I physically relocated my new NAS to near the UPS I'm hoping it will work with! Any thoughts on this before I do, ie. is monitoring essential for UPS interaction?

Thanks.

• the NUT plugin errors on installation,

In my experience, there are no errors on installation when the UPS is connected to the OMV system. My first attempt was without a connection and I also got errors while pushing the 'Save'-button.

With monitoring temporarily re-enabled,

Do you mean 'Remote monitoring' in the control panel?

What I don't yet know is whether the NUT plugin will actually work with monitoring disabled:

If I check my services I get this:
    [ + ] nut-client
    [ + ] nut-server
    [ - ] ups-monitor

With this settings my UPS works flawlessly. I assume the ups-monitor service is related to "Remote monitoring". This is only important, if the UPS is used for several systems and they want to monitor the UPS state via ethernet, for example with 'WinNUT' from a MS Windows.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!