Just curious on what these two messages I got emailed from my server mean.

• Got these two messages and just curious of there meaning. Thanks ?(

Resource limit succeeded Service omvserver.local

Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:03:08

Action:alert

Host:omvserver.local

Description: 'omvserver.local' loadavg(5min) check succeeded [current loadavg(5min)=3.8]

Resource limit matched Service omvserver.local

Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:01:37

Action:alert

Host:omvserver.local

Description: loadavg(5min) of 4.5 matches resource limit [loadavg(5min)>4.0]

• Offizieller Beitrag

It means your system has a high load. Although this is relative. A load of 4.5 on a single core system is much higher load than a load of 4.5 on a quad core system. You basically can divide the number by the number of cores (or threads) to get the average load on each core. Above 1 per core is generally considered full load.

Are you doing something cpu intensive on it? The system information -> Processes tab shows processes from high cpu use to lowest cpu use (output of the top command)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am transferring about 2 terabytes of movies, software and data from another computer to my new server which has raid one setup on it so I am guessing that's it. Been running hard for a few of hours. This is on a dual core system with a low power I3-2120T processor.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wouldn't worry about the load unless it stays there after your transfer.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello
    I also get this Load Average warning... while transfering lots of MBit.
    The CPU is only 50% but I get the Load Average more than 2.5
    (with a trafic off 300MBits/s)

What is the meaning of the load average ?

As the automatic backup produce this warning (20 mails one each minutes...) I have desactivated it.
    Is there a problem to desactivate it ? (I maintain the CPU, process and memory warning)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!