Ran out of space??

• Hi trying to install plex on OMV and it said this:

E: You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.

Its a 250gig drive running nothing more than OMV basic install so could someone help on that front?

• You were asking about backing up your omv to another omv. Did you do a bad rsync job? Look around your system drive and see what is taking up all the space. You can run this command to see if it is full.

df -h

• I think I made a boo boo, but don;'t know how to retrieve the situation. I started an rysync to admin@the-other-OMV, however nothing appeared there and since then this OMV has gone tits up.

Here is the output

Last login: Fri Jul 19 20:42:19 2013 from garys-macbook.local
    root@BackupServer:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1 114G 114G 0 100% /
    tmpfs 950M 0 950M 0% /lib/init/rw
    udev 945M 156K 945M 1% /dev
    tmpfs 950M 0 950M 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 950M 4.0K 950M 1% /tmp
    /dev/md0 466G 257G 210G 56% /media/e9615d74-017f-4113-81fd-caed232cd52c
    /dev/md1 2.8T 1.3T 1.5T 47% /media/ccb50192-6396-4eeb-adba-c63be7e23cce

Obviously I can ssh in, but I cannot get in via web GUI and neither are the shares appearing on my network.

• I am trying to research how to do so. I managed to cd into the Dev drive where is says all the memory has gone, but to be honest cannot work out how to list the files and delete them via terminal.

Sorry, I find it easy to screw things up, not to fix them!

• Did you find where you put them? If you did I can tell you how to delete it. But you have to find it. There is not enough cache space to run the web-gui because the disk is full. Once you delete some of the files you will be able to get in again.

• for the rysnc I had already a server running on on OMV ip ending 03.

So in the OMV thats gone wrong ip ending 02, I went into rysync and created a new job and told it instead of loacal that it was external and put in root@ip ending 03

But nothing appeared in that OMV, so I guess it set about copying into itself. Now the stupid thing I know I have done is that the login and root stuff I made the same on both OMV :doh:

So actually I am interested to learn, but appreciate you might not be a willing teacher! I managed to CD into the Dev directory but acknowledge a little knowledge can be very dangerous!

In conclusion if I had to guess I have managed to rysnic files into the top level directory of the OMV boot drive thats gone wrong. What do you think?

• in the root of your system drive give me results of a "ls -la" command.

I need results of this:

cd /
    ls -la

and the results of this:

cd /root
    ls -la

What was name of the shared folder you were backing up?

• No.... You used the root user to do the job and the home directory of the root user is:

/root

So change to that directory and see if there is a folder there named what share you were trying to copy. So do this

cd /root
    ls -la

That will give you a list of contents of the root folder.

PS- You are not a moron. We should get a "How To" for this because it is not easy to understand for new users.

• OK, perhaps I did not log on as root but perhaps as admin?, curse this white wine!

Contents of /root (which appears to just be root folder of user)

drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Jun 22 11:24 .
    drwxr-xr-x 22 root root 4096 Jun 12 20:17 ..
    -rw------- 1 root root 535 Jun 15 17:20 .bash_history
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 570 Jan 31 2010 .bashrc
    -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jun 12 20:20 .monit.id
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 140 Nov 19 2007 .profile
    -rw------- 1 root root 1024 Jun 22 11:24 .rnd
    drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Jun 12 20:17 .ssh

I perhaps went in as admin?

Also I recall setting up the rysnc something along the lines of 'users' and 'nobody'

• Just to add some crap into the mix there were some updates as well which I applied.

Haha, I feel a reinstall coming on. And the old adage, if it ain't broke...

• Just out of curiosity, and tekkbebe sorry if my approach is wrong, but what about:

Code
    du -a / | sort -n -r | head -n 10

or

Code
    du -a /var | sort -n -r | head -n 10

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!