No Ethernet card was detected. Installation

• Hello,

I tried to install OMV 4.1.3 and get the error message "No Ethernet card was detected. If you know the name of the driver needed by your E6thernet card, you can select it from the list.". I also tried Debian 9.5 netinstall and the DVD-1 image with the same error.
    My motherboard is Gigaybyte H370M DS3H and the LAN Controller should be Intel I219-V.
    I also copied the drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/product/82186 and https://downloadcenter.intel.c…e-Driver-for-FreeBSD-?v=t to another USB stick to load the drivers, but this also doesn't work.

Should I install OMV or Debian without the drivers or is there another possibility to install OMV with the ethernet drivers?

• I have installed a WLan card and Debian finds the driver at the installation. So it is a driver problem!
    How can I install the I219V driver at or after the installation? And should I install OMV or Debian then?

• You can install drivers later. However the OMV initial install will fail without an internet connection, so you must have some type of recognized networking adapter.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks OMV works now!
    I have installed OMV with the WLan card. After the configuration at the installation, it didn't work anymore. So I did the steps at your link and it doesn't work too, yet. So I changed the file rights same as the old file (the rights were just more open) and after that it, works!

I also had the problem, that OMV can't partitionate the SSD (there was debian installed), so I removed everything manually with gparted (didn't boot first times, because of a kernel panic) and then the installation works fine.
    Very annoying.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!