[solved] Powermanagement - Power down button does not work

• Version i'm using : Sardaukar v0.5.6

Hi with previous version , it was possible to powerdown the openmediavault, by pressing the powerdown button on the pc. In the configuration its enabled , but nothing happens when i press the button on my pc. is it possible to have a look at this please.

Thank you very much for all your effort , to give me the pleasure to work with openmediavault. :)

Kinds Regards
    Rudy Bervoets

• Did you click the green button?

It works for me just fine.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Yes i did , as mentionned in the previous responses. I pressed the green light , and in my case the reset button on my pc , gives no response. While it worked 100% with the previous openmediavault version v0.4.x. i tried switching it back off , save , green light , back on, save , green light.

Strange.

• Yes, indeed, the problem is taking place. If an installed OMV from ISO - button will not work. Tested on three computers. If you upgrade from 0.4.36 - button works.
    I got out of the situation by installing 0.4.32 upgrade to 0.4.36 and beyond "omv-release-upgrade".
    Sorry for Linux is not strong.

• Zitat von "Marcovich71"

Yes, indeed, the problem is taking place. If an installed OMV from ISO - button will not work. Tested on three computers. If you upgrade from 0.4.36 - button works.
    I got out of the situation by installing 0.4.32 upgrade to 0.4.36 and beyond "omv-release-upgrade".
    Sorry for Linux is not strong.

That explains why it works for me... I'm an Updater. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• i tried to update version 0.4.36 also , but i managed to make a mistake in the upgrade. This way i was forced to reinstall from the iso. :)
    Thanks for the help , feedback, change...
    good job guys.

• i installed the latest version Sardaukar 0.5.7, but the powerdown problem is still not resolved. i can press it 100-times, but shutdown is not happening. What kinda setting do i have to set in my bios regarding power schema ? May be i set it wrong. any hint on that ?

• i have a Dell Dimension E521, Amd processor. Before the upgrade to Sardaukar , power button worked , i did not change a thing in my bios. So i do not understand what is happening. Also i noticed that my bios time is changed everytime and its 2 hours later.

• Worked under 0.4, works still after update to 0.5. So no, no ideas.

Greetings
    David

• I have the same problem.
    I install openmediavault v5 from iso on sapphire pure red e350 with 4GB ram and 3 hd with 3TB in raid 5.
    Before install openmediavault i had ubuntu server with same configuration and the power off worked.
    I like openmediavault, can you help me?
    Greetings

• At first i used the upgrade but because i did not see any console i thought it went wrong , so i had to use the iso v.5 to reinstall from scratch. so current install is based on a iso install yes.

• Ok, I have an idea. Do you have a file here:

/etc/acpi/events/

there should be a file called:
    powerbtn

If it is not there do this in command line:

touch powerbtn

Then use nano to edit the file:
    nano powerbtn

Put these contents in the file:

Code
    # /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn
    # This is called when the user presses the power button
    event=button[ /]power (PWR.||PBTN)
    action=/sbin/shutdown -h now "Power button pressed"

Then do this to save:
    Hold CTRL and press o
    Then press ENTER
    Then Hold CTRL and press x to exit

See if that works.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!