choose the name of the mergerfs folder /srv/pool instead of /srv/"uuid"

• Hello,

did someone succeed in changing the label of the mergerfs pool instead of /srv/"uuid"?
    it is easy to create a pool in fstab with a nice label but if you do so without using the gui interface, of course you can't manage shared folder in the gui. If you touch /etc/openmediavault/config.xml, you have a message "cannot find uuid of /srv/pool"

So if someone has a solution to correct the unionfilesystem plugin to manage the label of the pool et have a nice name for the pool, I would be very grateful.

• I don't use the UnionFilesystem plugin. I prefer to configure mergerfs by hand in /etc/fstab and don't have the limitations you are running into. It's not difficult and you can get exactly what you want.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I know how to do that and it worked. However, by doing this, you can't manage any sharedfolders with the web gui cause you can't select the pool device.
    And to be honest, if we all end by doing everything out of the webgui, why install openmediavault at all?

• I have three directories defined as mergerfs pools and all of them are also defined as OMV shared folders.

Exactly what are you trying to do?

You do have choices. Live with any limitations within OMV you run into, use suggested workarounds, or use another product.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• would gladly hear about your workarounds to make appear your pools on the webgui.
    I have 3 disks configured in snapraid, 2 datas and 1 parity.
    I would like to merge the 2 datas so I can reach them via one folder : /srv/pool/ instead of /srv/"uuid"/
    Then I have 3 folders : /srv/pool/Films/ ; /srv/pool/Séries/ ; /srv/pool/Musique/ that I use in the docker plugin to configure PLEX, Sickchill and deluge, also in minidlna.
    I need to configure /srv/pool/ in the sambashare.
    I also need to see these folders in the webgui to configure the rights
    That's pretty much all I do.

Ahh yes! I also use rsync to synchronise the server to another one. It is much easier to remember pool than the uuid! :D
    Thanks for your help!

• There is no relationship between SnapRAID and mergerfs other than that SnapRAID will deliberately ignore mergerfs mountpoints.

If you want /srv/pool/ to be a mergerfs mountpoint, then all you have to do is manually create that directory and use it as a mergerfs mountpoint in fstab OUTSIDE of the [openmediavault] section. Then configure the desired source disks/directorys in a colon delimited set of sources. Forget about the Unionfilesystem plugin, it's far too limited, just do it by hand - largely a one time thing if done properly even if you add disks in the future.

I have the following directories as mergerfs mountpoints:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/movies

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/music

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/tv-series

These are the targets in the following entries in fstab:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d*/multimedia-content-d*/movies /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/movies fuse.mergerfs nonempty,defaults,allow_other,use_ino,func.getattr=newest,category.create=lfs,moveonenospc=true,minfreespace=110G,hard_remove,fsname=mergerfs-movies 0 0

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-d*/multimedia-content-d*/music /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/music fuse.mergerfs nonempty,defaults,allow_other,use_ino,func.getattr=newest,category.create=lfs,moveonenospc=true,minfreespace=110G,hard_remove,fsname=mergerfs-music 0 0

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-d*/multimedia-content-d*/tv-series /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/tv-series fuse.mergerfs nonempty,defaults,allow_other,use_ino,func.getattr=newest,category.create=lfs,moveonenospc=true,minfreespace=110G,hard_remove,fsname=mergerfs-tv-series 0 0

I have, so far, six data disks,labeled d1-d6. These are "grabbed" by the globbing statements using /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d*

Any directory not on the OMV system disk can be configured as a shared folder and then a samba share. Just select it. I have these defined as shared folders and then set as samba shares:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/movies

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/music

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/sftp/outgoing/tv-series

As for rights, permissions, and ACLs I do not use the OMV GUI for this. I set them one time by hand in the shell.

--

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!