Help setting up SMART monitoring and reporting

• I've got an OMV setup with 6X2TB HDD set up in RAID10. I'd like to be able to SMART monitor the disks, and have a report generated at regular intervals. Is there a tutorial available explaining how to do this? I've had a look through the SMART settings in the GUI and I see how to get indivdual reports for each disk (using the "information" button for each device on the "devices" tab). And I've looked at the "scheduled tests" tab but not sure exactly how or what I should set up here to get what I am looking for.

I've come over to OMV from Freenas 0.7. Really liking OMV so far (and have received great assistance in setting up). In my Freenas setup, there was a nice SMART summary page which showed the status of all my drives. Something like that would be ideal.

• You can request this feature on the bugtracker.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!